ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm in a pickle.

Works...kind of...
Right, my Sportlines arrived in the week and cant wait to have them fitted but I have a problem.

Do I replace the shocks when I get the springs fitted? They'll only be standard ones as I dont see the point in adjustable ones as my car's only a 1.2 and they'll be worth more than the car, but is it worth it?

I've heard that lowered springs wear out already worn shocks very quickly, also I dont know who old the shocks are so it'll probably be worth doing anyway.

But still.... thoughts? :)

The standard oem shocks are quite cheap, I would be tempted to stick some new oem ones on, its abit of a myth about shocks getting worn out when using lowering springs. I think you have to go down 60mm to do that as far as im aware eibachs are designed to work with standard oem shocks. Some people have done 30k on standard shocks lowered 60mm on springs and have never had a problem.