ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

im new

CCCCLLLLLIIIOOOO
oioi im new to the forum and i gt a clio extreme3 1.2 with a sebring exhaust but the throttle response sucks and i wanna be able to beat my m8s 1.4 rt mk 1 clio what would be an inexpensive way to get nmmore power
cheers

CCCCLLLLLIIIOOOO
what stuff lol i wanna keep the car as it is but just play with the engine is there any restricters i can take out??

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Only sensible way of increasing the speed of a 1.2 is to strip the car, take everything you dont need out of it, rear seats spare wheels all your subs andd ICE if you have it

E92 M3
there is know point it doing any thing to the engine realy mate thats y a havnt done anything to mine

R53 Cooper S
couple of cs.net stickers either side should see you dusting off supercars in no time iirc..

Strip it.

Any number of induction kits etc are available, and will give you 1-2bhp if you're lucky.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Of if you dont want to strip your car, hide large lumps of lead in you mates car, it will have the same effect, or get him hooked up with a fat bird.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
so theres no restricters at all

No its a 1.2, you could spend money on things like a remap but you will gain nothing for for 200-300Quid.

Or you cud go on a driver training course to help make your starts and gear changes better, it may give you a slight edge, but the only way to make it slightly faster is to strip it out, of put a larger engine in it.

320d
Well the engines have the same power and torque (well RT is 2nm more) the mai difference is your car is 945kg but the RT is 885kg. Basically you need to lose 60kg to keep up.

If I was you i'd just accept that his car is faster in a straight line, maybe do some suspension mods etc and just try and enjoy your own car rather than worrying about mates.

You could also sell your 1.2 and buy a MK1 16V.

J03

MX5 1.8
lol @ this thread.. cant make a clio 1.2 much faster than it already is no matter how much mods u plow on it. or stuff you take out. inexpensivley anyway...

182 Trophy
try waiting a few years untill you can afford something else.

or a K&N sticker will ad 50bhp

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Where are the "holier than though gestapo today then" ?

Racing on public high ways will ensure you a place in the big fire... lol