ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

im not very clever with cars but....

i bought my car second hand and its done 35000 havent had a problem with it up until now!! whenever i go up or down a hill that is quite steep e.g my drive way and down my road.. the stop and handbreak like flash at me. i checked my brake fluid level and topped that up and it seems to have stopped it slightly but still flahses sometimes! do you think this could mean that i have a problem with my brakes or just a loose connection somewhere along the line?

as its second hand im not so sure if the brake pads have ever been changed or anything! think i might just keep an eye on the brake fluid level and book it in to the garage!? unless anyone knows wat the problem may be?

if the pads and discs arent worn out (this is what normally causes the fluid level to drop) and the fluid is all topped up it may be a dodgy connection or possibly the level sensor in the fluid resevoir is faulty

111s

I had this when my pads were low but it was due to low fluid level in the resevoir and it slopping about when cornering hard.

New pads, bled and top up. No probs since... touch wood. Hope this helps.

cheers guys! i booked it in for some new brake pads next weekend so ill be without a car :( i suppose its all part of having one though :p ... i topped the flui level up ealier and its stopped doing it now but better to be safe than sorry when it comes to brakes.

cheers

Boz

Arctic 182

Some cars have wear sensors build into the pads which light up the brake light on the dash when they are worn to a certain level and the sensor makes contact with the metal disc, not sure if its on clios.

Ask a friend who knows a bit more to check your pads and discs look OK. If they are worn badly you would hear a grating sound when you applied the brakes. If all looks well, as loony says its likely to be a dodgy level sensor.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by fifi on 08 January 2005

cheers guys! i booked it in for some new brake pads next weekend so ill be without a car :( i suppose its all part of having one though :p ... i topped the flui level up ealier and its stopped doing it now but better to be safe than sorry when it comes to brakes.

cheers

yeah, your right now if only i had ABS:(