ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im picking it up today!!!

Im picking up my new 172 (touch wood) today... '53 plate 15k on the clock... Silver. I can hardly contain my exitement.

Welcome. Unfortunately you have about 25k miles of driving until you can enjoy your car to it's full potential!! ;)

Why can it be more troublesome?

Normally if you have a car that has been sat around alot and done short journeys (15k on a 2003 car would suggest this) isn't brilliant for compnents.

A car that has been used daily should be in a better mechanical state than one thats been used once every 2 weeks.

This is all in my experience though. I never go for low mileage cars, as they are the one's I have had most of the trouble with. My 172 has averaged 9k a year and is sound.

Civic Vtec y0
Why can it be more troublesome?

Normally if you have a car that has been sat around alot and done short journeys (15k on a 2003 car would suggest this) isn't brilliant for compnents.

A car that has been used daily should be in a better mechanical state than one thats been used once every 2 weeks.

This is all in my experience though. I never go for low mileage cars, as they are the one's I have had most of the trouble with. My 172 has averaged 9k a year and is sound.
So true, a mate of mine bought a R reg car with 35k on the clock and he has had nothing but problems