ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMessage

BMW E82 M Sport
You're the only person i've ever heard say that. I think its good, much faster than a standard message.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Why is it s**t?

I don't notice any difference other than the message being blue.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's fantastic, because i don't get signal downstairs means i can still text using wifi :)

Also as above, i notice no difference other than the colour and it's faster.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I agree its awesome.

I did however have 1 issue with it when I was in Madrid, I obviously didn't want to use data over there as it cost a bomb so I turned it off and it was sending them as text messages, however replies were coming in as iMessages and I wouldn't get them until I turned data on, I thought it would sent it as a text message eventually but even after 3 hours nothing came through, as soon as i turned iMessage on I get 3 or 4 texts at once.

Apart from that though its brilliant, especially for seeing when some c***s opened a message and not replied.

Bus w**ker
It's only s**t when retards that can't figure out when to use group messages or not have you number (aka Harpham and AK) and whilst they are flirting with each other and copying you in for some unknown reason you get spammed to death with 40 odd messages that all come through at once for whatever reason. Apart from that it's amazing.

Fiesta ST-3
It's only s**t when retards that can't figure out when to use group messages or not have you number (aka Harpham and AK) and whilst they are flirting with each other and copying you in for some unknown reason you get spammed to death with 40 odd messages that all come through at once for whatever reason. Apart from that it's amazing.

So f**king true. This is why I turned mine off lol.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What's not to like? Free... quicker... and if you can't get signal it will send via normal text message anyway.

Bus w**ker
So f**king true. This is why I turned mine off lol.

f**k turning it off because of those two mongs (plus you'd still get texts anyway so it's pointless), just ask your network to block their numbers; that's the next step for me. They've been warned.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Pretty much the same tbh. Love it apart from this

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
I assume this is the same sorta thing as Whatsapp?

(I don't own a iPhone)

It kinda of is but its integrated into the iphones sms messaging app. it works out if the recipient is an IOS5 user if so it will message them for free via 3G/WLAN. it works effortlessly.

I think its brilliant.

The only problem I find is that sometimes it doesn't deliver my message straight away, leading me to click on the message and 'send as text message'. Apart from that it's great.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I like the principal, especially the group message. But I just find it so unreliable. The amoun of times I think I've sent a message, look back x amount of time later and it hasn't sent. Also in the group messages I wont get them when they are sent and then 10 minutes later I'll get about 10 messages at once. Obviously it may not be like this for everybody else. It is just abit annoying at times for me.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I like the principal, especially the group message. But I just find it so unreliable. The amoun of times I think I've sent a message, look back x amount of time later and it hasn't sent. Also in the group messages I wont get them when they are sent and then 10 minutes later I'll get about 10 messages at once. Obviously it may not be like this for everybody else. It is just abit annoying at times for me.

This....

iMessage is so slow. Would rather text and send pics via whatsapp

Works perfectly for me. If the recipient hasn't got an iMessage data connection, then it sends my SMS as a regular text message. What's the problem with that? It will either do it automatically after a minute or so of trying to deliver it, or I can tell it to send as a regular SMS straight away. Hardly difficult.

People just like to moan about nothing. It's an additional feature. You don't have to use it.

It's also extremely handy for texting people on different continents when roaming.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Works brilliantly been sending revels and dad pics of stuff in NYC. For nothing.

Most of the complaints are because people don't even know they are using it.

Sell me your 197
it's just a s**t version of blackberry messenger.

google messenger is better anyway cause you can send it to everyone regardless of phone

so yeah i dont use it

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
When your sending a picture via iMessage and it fails and sends it by SMS it charges me which is annoying