ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMessage

It's only s**t when retards that can't figure out when to use group messages or not have you number (aka Harpham and AK) and whilst they are flirting with each other and copying you in for some unknown reason you get spammed to death with 40 odd messages that all come through at once for whatever reason. Apart from that it's amazing.
Woah woah woah, wait a minute. You we're soo much worse before you decided it pissed you off. Id regularly leave my phone for about an hour and come back with 100+ messages, a load of missed calls and a handful of voicemails. LOL ;)

Oh and ScottDOT is a 'tard. Why would turning iMessage off stop him from receiving the messages. :p

Bus w**ker
When your sending a picture via iMessage and it fails and sends it by SMS it charges me which is annoying

Change the setting 'Send As SMS' to off and it won't automatically do it. You still get the option to send as a text if iMessage fails, you just have to do it manually.

Woah woah woah, wait a minute. You we're soo much worse before you decided it pissed you off. Id regularly leave my phone for about an hour and come back with 100+ messages, a load of missed calls and a handful of voicemails. LOL ;)

WOAH WOAH WOAH, the common problem in this story is AK. Ergo it's his fault. Also comedy voice mails are always funny, they're made even better with visual voicemail...oh.

LOL. Comedy voicemails aren't funny when all they are is some crazy lady asking me "WHO IS SHE?!!!" and some guy saying that he's a tuna.
Don't be knockin' Tesco Mobile. All but one voicemail message i've had have been from you and AK, so its not big loss ;).

I blame AK too. I might turn iMessage off. That'll stop him.

Should have followed the BBM model imo. But to me its not s**t, nor is it good - its exactly the same as before as I have unlimited texts.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I think it's great, although it does sometimes have a delay on sending texts.

Bus w**ker
I don't really see how either BBM or iMessage are better than each other, they both work well and in very similar ways. Although not having to have an additional identifier to contact someone is a bonus for me, never could remember my PIN, and it all working out of the default messages function is a massive win. Can't say I miss BBM and I still laugh at my friends that carry an iPhone and a Blackberry, but the BB is just for BBM. f**k that, I got bored of carrying two mobiles when I was 17 and rocking an Orange contract and another with a Genie sim.

I think it's great, although it does sometimes have a delay on sending texts.

In my experience there's only a delay if the recipient doesn't have an iMessage data connection. I'm guessing the app continues to retry for a minute or so. Seems logical at least. If one's day is so busy that it's a massive pain to wait a few minutes for an SMS response, then there's two options;

1. If it doesn't get sent straight away then there's a good chance it will need to go as SMS, so just tap the message and select that option.
2. Disable it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
it's just a s**t version of blackberry messenger.

google messenger is better anyway cause you can send it to everyone regardless of phone

so yeah i dont use it

Google messenger? What is that?

If you mean google talk, that's a jabber based IM service. Totally different thing entirely. And you still need an app.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
When your sending a picture via iMessage and it fails and sends it by SMS it charges me which is annoying

This stung me a couple of times too, all you need to do is goto Settings -> Messages -> MMS Messaging Off. It will then not let you send pictures/videos by MMS (only lets you send them by iMessage which is fine by me). You can still receive them just fine.

iMessage only works iPhone to iPhone, whatsapp works with any phone with the app so iOS products, android phones, crapberrys etc.

Not quite. Works on iPad/iPod touch too. For any of the others you have to know who has it and then make sure you have the app, they have the app. If they have no data signal they won't get the messages etc.

iMessage is far superior. If they don't have iOS5, then it just defaults to text message.

Sell me your 197
Google messenger? What is that?

If you mean google talk, that's a jabber based IM service. Totally different thing entirely. And you still need an app.

no, i mean google messenger

comes with the google+ app and yes it's an extra app but who doesn't have it.... same with facebook messenger

320d M Sport
I do like imessage, but it hasn't replaced whatsapp for me.

I'm leaning towards this too. Although i love imessage Whatsapp is quicker and more reliable, how is that possible given all the research and technical wizardry at Apple?!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
no, i mean google messenger

comes with the google+ app and yes it's an extra app but who doesn't have it.... same with facebook messenger

Lol that's google talk. You'd be surprised how many don't.

Bus w**ker
So it's not Google Talk, that's built in to the Google+ app, that you're waffling on about then? Because, unless my App Store is broken, there's no such app as Google Messenger for iPhone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
He probably is referring to huddle, which is now known as messenger. Which runs via google talk, but only lets you do group chats within huddle/messenger which can also be achieved in google talk but not vice versa at present.

Nice and simple. LOL.

Bus w**ker
Oh in that case I'm going to definitely f**k iMessage off for it. I can't see that Google would scrap any of their social media platforms...oh.