ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser issue..

2003 Clio 1.2 16v
Hi all,
Could somebody answer this question please? If the immobiliser kicks in ( red light flashing) should the engine crank or not?
The car is a 2003 1.2 16v

Thanks..

2003 Clio 1.2 16v
I believe it cranks yes, for about 3 seconds or so and then stops

Thank you...
So if my daughter's car doesn't crank when immobiliser flashes, does this mean I have another problem? Say like dirty or corroded connection to starter motor.?

2003 Clio 1.2 16v
Could someone please advise as I'm losing the will to live with this car..!!
2003 Clio 1.2 16v 3dr.
Symptoms..
Open car with C/L fob or key in passenger door, put key in ignition ( applies to spare key aswell) turn on & all initial lights come on as they should but instead of turning off like all the others the immobiliser light goes incontinuous flashing. Car will not start, no engine crank)/turn over.
Everything else seems to work.
It has had,
top wiring loom changed,
Coils changed
Starter motor changed
Relays changed
Plugs + leads changed
Lamba sensors changed
Earth straps changed..
Battery changed
HELP.... Please!!!!
P s
Up until 10 days ago was running fine daily. Then new car bought, so has s stood still for the last 10 days..
Thanks

dan's cast offs.
check battery voltage is ok, standing and on cranking.

does immobiliser light flash at same speed or faster with ignition on?

2003 Clio 1.2 16v
check battery voltage is ok, standing and on cranking.

does immobiliser light flash at same speed or faster with ignition on?
Battery is good , immobiliser flashes slowly when car locked & flashes faster when ignition on.

dan's cast offs.
that's key not recognised.

if it's not cranking as well then check the main loom earth top of the gearbox just above passengers drive shaft.

2003 Clio 1.2 16v
Thank you, I'll check in the morning..
All earth's checked & in position ( tight/dine up) the only earth that I would question is the 1 from the bottom of the engine (n/s) going to Chassis behind (n/s) front wheel. It's about 6" long braided wire, wasn't loose or fraided in any way just the colour it was puzzled me (greenish/grey). But as I said all in tact. You mentioned earlier in this post possibly key not recognised. Would this apply to both keys? As neither key works.. Just seems a little odd that it was a daily ride for my daughter up until 2 weeks ago..
Thanks..

2003 Clio 1.2 16v
Sounds like the key has lost its coding or the UCH has got water into it
Thanks for that.. I had the board out the other day & that seemed fine...How do I recode both keys as neither work.? Is that a Renault dealer for a " paints down penetration " expensive moment.??

172 cup
Thanks for that.. I had the board out the other day & that seemed fine...How do I recode both keys as neither work.? Is that a Renault dealer for a " paints down penetration " expensive moment.??

Did you strip the UCH down to inspect it? and for re-coding keys most decent mobile diagnostic guys should be able to sort it for you .

2003 Clio 1.2 16v
Did you strip the UCH down to inspect it? and for re-coding keys most decent mobile diagnostic guys should be able to sort it for you .
Yep took the UCH out of its housing, all clean and dry... The bloke who owned the car before my daughter had the board tested at a diagnostic centre ( I've got the paperwork) apparently they plug/connect the board to a computer & test all circuits.. That was done Nov 2015.. But you reckon a mobile guy should be able to sort the key coding out..? Thanks for all the help..

172 cup
Yep took the UCH out of its housing, all clean and dry... The bloke who owned the car before my daughter had the board tested at a diagnostic centre ( I've got the paperwork) apparently they plug/connect the board to a computer & test all circuits.. That was done Nov 2015.. But you reckon a mobile guy should be able to sort the key coding out..? Thanks for all the help..

Yeh any decent mobile diagnostic guy should be able to sort that for you , or the other option is buy a set off ebay they aren't that expensive , just make sure you get the engine ecu , the uch , barrel pickup ring and key fobs , to be honest that might be the cheaper option .

2003 Clio 1.2 16v
Yeh any decent mobile diagnostic guy should be able to sort that for you , or the other option is buy a set off ebay they aren't that expensive , just make sure you get the engine ecu , the uch , barrel pickup ring and key fobs , to be honest that might be the cheaper option .
Thanks for the help, much appreciated..

2003 Clio 1.2 16v
Can anyone explain what the hell is going on with my daughters car?
So this afternoon for no apparent reason, the car has now locked me out!! The fob won't unlock the car, the immobiliser light flashes fast ( without ignition on) & the central locking button on the dash ( has a little red light) stays on...
I can unlock via passenger door lock ( as it's the only door that has a lock) & turn key in ignition & immobiliser light still flashes repeatedly ( fast) & no start.. Turn off ignition, take key out & I can lock /unlock with key fobs. . But after 15-20 mins the immobiliser light goes mad & I'm back to being linked out again....!!

I'd like to know what this is also, as I'm having issues starting mine and it's got loads of things that it COULD be...

If I find a fix to my issue, I'll let you know