ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser problem. have included a video

renualt clio 1.2 rn
Disconected battery and removed cylinder head. Replaced head in car 3 weeks later, and now the car wont start.:S

it def gets fuel, checked at inj
it def sparking, checked plugs
I have tried restart immobiliser.(disconect bat again)
tried all online tricks (move car, lights on ,hold button on longer ect)
checked relays (green stuff, burned outs ect)
checked connections (clean good connection)
checked fuses (nearside none blown)
All seam fine

Observation

When i put the key in, the immobiliser light comes on then turns off,as expected. But when i turn it over the immobiliser on dash, with a yellow jaggy line, comes on and flashes in time with turning over and stays on once i have stop turning it over for few seconds before it turns off again.:S

have supplied video as that can be more informing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWsM9nOr7L8

any sugestions welcome..

Megane dci 130
Its not an imobiliser issue, because the light goes out.

Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition on?
If not try pressing the inhibitor switch near the battery.
Also failing that, swap the two small black relays around in the fuse box behind the passenger headlight.

clio rs 2000
yes check the fuse box behind the headligt
there are lots of sockets there
also check the shock sensor socket if itis connected (the red one on the passenger side in the engine )

renualt clio 1.2 rn
Cool , i like the sound of that. I'm just not sure about the immobiliser light comin on when cranking it, as i have never noticed it before, but then, the car always started first time before change.

Im sure its getting fuel, as i checked up by the injectors, where fuel line joins on as it was dry when i put it back on after being off for 3 weeks.
Also, I think i heard it primming, as there was swishing, gargling and bubbling nosies at first as it made its way up the pipe. then that stopped which i thought indicated it had filled line back up to injectors.

Is this a valid check, for fuel or should i inspect elsewhere or try another method for better assesment.

I pressed and help down red inhibitor button for 30 sec, but that made no difference.
I looked behind passengers light under hood for black relays and swapped them as suggested as well.

No difference. :S

Compression how do i check that one .??.

renualt clio 1.2 rn
any decent garage with a compression tester will check it for you. why did you have the head off?

Timming belt snapped.:eek:

So i took off the head, to check the damage and found valves were bent , no surprise really there. Pistons were fine on inspection, after a good clean, only slight marks but no puncturing and also no exsesive play.

I decided to get a second hand head instead of replacing valves as that ment less technical diy and special tools. I got a second hand head from a car i was informed drove in on scrapage allowance and tbh the head looked in better nick than mines, all a nice brown color not black and coked up.

Fitted new head with new bolts , gasket and timing belt.

I could be over looking something but i think when i manually turned the car at crank, after fitting belt, i could feel compresion. but then am no machanic.

I did start car with clutch down and it's a 1.2, so Im not expecting much effort in cranking car over. as it does sound effortless in video and at time it did raise my eyebrow. Something a miss defenetly.

Will get a compresion tester asap, just to make sure. Do you know expected pressures..?..

renualt clio 1.2 rn
you defo set the timing right? double check it

Other than looking at the marks being lined up, i dont know any other way to check..any suggestions welcome here..

I did the top (cam pully mark) lined to the top head casing marker at eye hole and crank back plate marker to bottom engine case marker. I turned the engine by hand a few times to check marks and all lined up after tensioning.

I will get a compression tester tomorrow as that should reveal any issues with compression.

I'll also check for sparking on all plugs not just one and look to see if there is any sign of petrol in side the piston chambers.

Im wondering if i have not just flooded it with turning it over so much... As it did backfire a tiny bit. LOL just the once thou :D

thanks

iceberg 172
you can check if the crank is at top dead center by taking number 1 and 4 spark plugs out and put a long handled scewdriver down so that it sits on the piston and turn the crank by hand and at its highest point will be top dead center, stop when at highest point and check timing marks

Megane dci 130
Thats just how the 1.2's sound when cranking. I think the video makes it sound worse though.

renualt clio 1.2 rn
Cant get to car as rain is just pouring down :mad:

Am glad its not the immobiliser as I first thought...

Probably the timing instead as i haven't done it before, so am bounty have muck it up. Just hope its not to much out and has damaged anything... Am sure when i get a chance to view it after rain and test compression all my beginner mistakes will be obvious :eek: