ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobiliser problems!!! £180 for new key PISH!!!!!! cheaper way too sort problem

clio grande
just a bit of info id like to pass onto any of you who are having problems with your immobiliser, about 5 days ago my immobiliser wouldn't dis-arm when i put my key in the ignition so to cut a long story short ... it resulted in my car been towed home. my key fob was no longer working .. mine was the key that had a transponder chip in it .. so after spending 4 day looking on the internet and ringing around i was getting quotes from £150 to £180 to replace my key... yeah right like that gonna happen!! .... so after turning my brain to mush and giving up on finding anyone that sort the problem out cheap i came across a locksmith thats based just outside of hull in cottingham ... so rang them up had a word with the very helpful man , he quoted me £60 if he could fix my key if he could nt then there was no charge ... they could either come to me which a call out charge would occur or i could take the key to the shop .. so took the key down after a few attempts, finally they got the code from the transponder YIIIPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!! no now i have a chip to replace the transponder got home and car fired up straight away ... and how happy am i :D also they've said i shouldn't have a problem with it again ... so anyone local to the yorkshire area its well worth a call ... hope this has helped :approve: this is the link to the site
http://www.peaceofmindsecurityhull.co.uk/contact/