ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

import query

is there any way to find out if my car was imported, it broke down so i phoned rac assistance told no record must be import, when serviced at renault the car needed work done but they told me it it wasnt a uk car and i had to pay for work but they wouldnt tell me were it was imported from i would have thought it would show up on there system off the vin no. im second owner 1st owner was 1st to register it according to log book thought imports were 1st registered by import company. ive kept up ffsh now its almost 3 yrs old oct 10 and more wrong with it reverse lights gone off tried the obvious and washer bottle split. ive got renault head office address off forum but does anyone know the phone number

your car will be covered for 3 years if its an EU import.

(BTW no Renault is a UK built car, they are all imports)

If its an import the seller should have provided you with the certificate of conformity.

A service book normally has the supplying dealer stamp in the PDI box.