ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Important Question About Front Screen!

I would like to know which side the heat reflective purple layer is on the front windscreen of my mk2 172?

Is it on the inside or the outside?

Im basically making a sunstrip from tint film, (there is a reason to this other than looks, ill explain later but i dont have any sunvisors any more!) but would like to know if its stuck to the inside of the screen is it going to still look purple from the outside or is the heat reflective coating on the inside in which case itll make no difference.

If anyone has any sunstrips pics etc i love to see some if possible.

thanks all!

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd guess that its on the outside . You could try phoning a Renault dealership they might know .

i thought that but ive looked at it and from some angles it looks on the inside.

If it was on the outside it would surely come off over time with washing, weather, bird muck. might be wrong

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Its not a coating a such . The heat reflective coating is bonded to the glass when its still warm so its part of the glass as opposed to a coating . It won't wash or rub off .