ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Improving signal from wireless router

Hyundai i40
The signal of my net in my bedroom is soooooooooo slow

i often lose signal etc

i live in a bungalow and the router is use for 4 ppl, one of the computers aint wireless so moving the router in out of the question

I know you can get them things you plug in plugs, but the part my house is in is a different circiut to the part of the house the router is in, do these work through the electric cables?

if it is, is there anything else i can do to increase signal?

A red missile
The plug into the socket jobs will work if both sockets are on a different ring main, i've been using those to go two floors down for a couple of years now.

Upgrade to wireless-N, stronger signal and more reliable - alegedly, im too tight to upgrade.

Failing that there is a suggestion that placing a Pringles can (empty) near the aerial of your router and the computer can boost reception - but its probably crap. But if you do try it, get pics, it'll be good for a giggle.

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
move router as far away as possible from tv/speakers etc, our signal was s**t now its great, even in attic.

Hyundai i40
i know what the problem is coz its gotta go through so many walls

living in a mansion FTL

ill try the pringle think tho ;)