ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In a bit of a dilemma

Monaco 37/468
I was on my way to wash my car the other day when I came to a bus parked up at the side of the road (dropping or picking people up, dunno). I looked round the bus and saw it was clear to go past it, the road was plenty wide enough.

Then, as I get up the side of the bus it begins to pull away without any indication whatsoever that he was going to. This forces me further out into the road and me and another car clipped wing mirrors. Mine's fine, but her mirror was cracked.

Me and the woman in the other car both told the bus driver that he should have indicated to pull out, and we both believe that if he had then this accident would have been avoided.

Can anyone give advice on this please?

Cheers guys,
Tom

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Not really much to do tbh, ALL bus drivers do that trick, they're a lot bigger than cars so they can get away with it tbh..

Just sort out a smally deal with the woman if you can.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
maybe a friend was on the bus who could act as a witness..................

that would be very luck though;)

Monaco 37/468
Thanks for the quick responses guys. I phoned the bus company, they gave me the number for their insurance company and said that they would report it to them and look at CCTV footage.

Her insurance company phoned me today, and mine are putting an investigator in touch with me. I don't want to lose my no claims from something that I couldn't avoid, it doesn't seem fair at all! If I was blatantly at fault then I could accept it, but I wasn't.

Any more ideas?

A ANIMAL
Busses have driver cctv so they can monitor violence/abuse toward the driver- if they check that they will be able to see if the driver indicated or not. If he didn't no problem their insurance will hav to pay as their driver was at fault. if you had pulled over and then rejoined traffic without indicating and had a collision - you would be at fault right?

IMO they should pay anyway - driver obviously didn't check his mirrors if he pulled out onto you as stated.

Monaco 37/468
She's got them involved, not me, her insurance rang me today. Couldn't believe it to be honest lol.

A Flamin' Red one
She's got them involved, not me, her insurance rang me today. Couldn't believe it to be honest lol.

Unless you settle it mutually or the bus company pay out then this is now going to appear on your record next time you apply for a quote.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If it does go through the insurance you can pay your insurance
company the cost of the claim and it wont count as a claim on your
no claims discount.

I did this when I crashed into someone, their car cost
£300 to get fixed aswell as a courtesy car for them,
I gave my insurance company the money and I kept my N.C.D.

Monaco 37/468
Yep, very sad, fingers crossed I can get it sorted. Worst comes to the worst I'm out of pocket, want to keep the NCB, I'm 19, nearly 20 so will be stung if I lose it, and I'm one of the most careful out there! Bad luck I suppose!!

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Even if he did indicate, it surely doesn't matter? You still have right of way regardless of weather he's indicating or not. You can't just indicate and pull out into traffic! I can't see the bus company putting up much of a fight.

Monaco 37/468
Yeah true mate, will have to see what their insurance company says but to a company as big as Arriva it's probably not worth the time and effort of going through all the s**t of insurance etc..

320d
Why didnt you just say you'll pay for it, i reversed into a neighboors car yesterday and offered to pay for it, in the end she didnt even want me to she just said don't worry about it, was my lucky day. At the end of the day the only damage to her car was a little scratch ( she already had a couple on that corner anyway) and thats a £65 job at halfords or dentman etc and my insurance excess is £400. so thats why i said i'd pay for it and didnt even offer her my insurance details

Monaco 37/468
Quick update guys. The claim handler's just phoned me. We're going out to where it happenned to take photos, he's said not to worry about it. They're going to go for a cash settlement first, he thinks the bus company will just pay for the damage rather than have the hassle. But he said either way it isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg anyway.

He's coming to see me tomorrow.