ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

InCarNation 21st April 2018- meet Brighton seafront

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Hi All- I am looking to organise this meet fro Cliosport members down on Brighton sunny seafront, primary organiser is ACE Café

Believe you can get a car Club stand, (Have done that a couple times in the past) by prior arrangement. If the weather is good it will be great, and if the weather is iffy it will be good. Centre of Brighton quite closeby, and the Royal Pavilion, shops, The Lanes, etc etc. A bit more detail:

On Saturday 21st of April 2018, Brighton’s famous seafront road will host the 8th edition of InCarNation Brighton, and you are invited to join us!

The event was conceived in 2011, following the popularity of the cafe’s regular monthly InCarNation Night, held at the Ace on the last Wednesday of every month. Growing every year, the 2017 InCarNation saw over 1100 club cars on display!

InCarNation Brighton 2018 is a free to attend, drive-in and display of diverse vehicles, featuring the best that is performance and modified in the UK. Highlights include interactive stands and displays, music and entertainment, best car club and best car prizes. As 2018 marks the 80th anniversary of Ace Cafe London more surprises are in store!

Who is up for it?:smile::cool::tongueclosed:

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any takers for getting a Clubstand - the Club stands are going pretty quick?
Think 5 needed

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I’ll be up for this! I went to this before on a CS stand. Was great!

If nothing else, it’s free parking right at Brighton seafront which was ace. Great day and highly recommend!

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Great. Thanks so far. Have contacted Ace café to see if we can book a stand. Will forward any questions through to Sunglasses Ron or Typhoon?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Given up trying to get hold ACE cafe to get a Club stand- best bet is to get a list of people to meet somwhere and drive in and park up together. Suggest we get there earlyish, so not be parked all way up to Marina

Anyone up for it? My first meet as theres no Clubstand for Spring Action day in Castle combe earlier in the month.
If a few are coming down the M23/A23 i'd be happy to meet at Pease Pottage services, say, 7.30am?
Or meet in the large ASDA car park in Brighton Marina, about half a mile from the entrance? 7.45am?

So, list time (State where u would like to meet)

1. Chris_Blue

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Got this back from ACE cafe = so its meet early and head for the seafront for those that want to go

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting Ace Cafe, and for your interest in InCarNation.

As the interest for the event is so high, i am afraid that we have run out of car club space months ago! Having said that there is designated area for individual parking on the day, even though restricted. This space cannot be pre-booked and is on a first come first served basis.

Vasilis Poulios
Events & Partnerships Manager

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I may be up for this if I can get a spare weekend before hand to sort a couple of things out with the Clio! I would like to give the Clio a good drive out it hasn’t had a good run in a while.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I may be up for this if I can get a spare weekend before hand to sort a couple of things out with the Clio! I would like to give the Clio a good drive out it hasn’t had a good run in a while.
only problem is is first come 1st served, 10am, and then there may be a queue etc etc
I dont mind if i dont get in as i live round here, but feel for anyone travelling a long way and not getting in

(I may be able to sort some free local parking come think of it- 10 mins walk away if needed- parking more expensive than London on Brighton seafront)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
only problem is is first come 1st served, 10am, and then there may be a queue etc etc
I dont mind if i dont get in as i live round here, but feel for anyone travelling a long way and not getting in

(I may be able to sort some free local parking come think of it- 10 mins walk away if needed- parking more expensive than London on Brighton seafront)
If I do manage to come down mate I don’t mind setting off at any time so can be there whenever! I will know next weekend if I can make it! Hopefully I can!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
@chris blue I won’t be coming down to this now mate! The mrs has booked something up on the same weekend! Have a good one tho and hopefully catch up with you later on in the year

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
@chris blue I won’t be coming down to this now mate! The mrs has booked something up on the same weekend! Have a good one tho and hopefully catch up with you later on in the year
thanks for letting me know
probly just be me on my lonesome- altho have been invited by another club

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
thanks for letting me know
probly just be me on my lonesome- altho have been invited by another club
I did fancy it mate but my own fault for not letting the girlfriend know my plans and she has booked a weekend away in!

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Weather looks fabulous for this on Saturday
Brighton seaside, a car show, and fabulous weather
Surprised not more members fancy it
Gonna be great- shorts n t shirt all ready to go

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Fab weather (clear blue and 25deg) fab cars, fab everything. Wasn't even absolutely rammed all day either. Even got a seat in a cafe.

Met my nephew from East Sussex cruisers, and a few good conversations. When most started leaving round 4pm they all belted up the slip road- quite a site and sound, but boys in blue stopped that after 20 mins

Got some nice photos too. Will post up if there's any interest

Saw 2 phase 2 Clios with cliosport forum stickers