ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indicator Problem ...

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Hi there guys/gals.

I've a slight problem with my 1.2 Dynamique (2003) - & I have a feeling it might be a common problem :S ...

When I put my right indicator on, my left indicators come on instead :dapprove:

When I actually put my left indicators on, they work fine , as do the hazards.

Has anyone had any similar problems?

I'm guessing it's either an indicator stalk problem, or a UCH problem - I really hope it's not the latter :eek: .

Cheers,

Marc

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Been to Renault today - apparently I need a new UCH unit :dapprove:

Total cost = £368.21 (inclusive of VAT & labour) ..... What a rip off !!!

It's only 1 indicator that has a problem - the rest of the electrics (including the left indicator & hazards) are fine, but noooooooooooooooo ...... some Einstein @ Renault designed the closed unit so that if 1 little thing went wrong, then you'd have to but a whole new unit - I'm talking about the WHOLE THING !!! :mad:

I would contact a local breakers (yellow pages or Autotrader online) and get one second hand, I had one go and got a 2nd hand spare for £32 inc P&P but you can get them cheaper if you source it direct yoruself from a local scrappy.Good luck

You have to replace the UCH its a pian you cannot just use one form another car as there programmed to work only with the car they were originaly used on unless your a electroncs and proigramming wizard.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
ive just been told my 182 needs one! i had 1 month of warrenty left though thankfully, thats so expensive!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
i took it in to preston today daz to get some little things sorted whilst ive stil got warrenty. the car was beeping a few times when i locked it so i had a problem with the alarm, the guy said he had looked at it and it turns out i have no alarm at all at the minute lol, but they cant fix that until they fix the other problem which was the central locking. sometimes in a morning i go to the car and its unlocked! turns out i need a "UCH" so i looked it up on here! they said its a full days job so they asked me to leave the 182 overnight and gave me a really fab twingo gt!