ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indicator/UCH problem help please

3 MPS, MX5
A couple of months back my step daughter had a problem with here hazards not turning off and not been able to use her indicators. I did manage to sort this out (after some help on here) by taking the hazard switch out and putting it back in again.

Now a couple of weeks back her indicators started to play up by indicating the opposite way so she took it into a Renault dealer and they said it was the stalk, so they replaced it and charged her over £200 for the privilege. This would have been ok if it had cured it but it started to play up again the day after. She took it back in and they've said she now needs a new UCH which is another £200+. I suggested to her that she should ask them to refund the cost of replacing the stalk if the problem is the UCH but Renault have said that both need replacing. She's spoken to Renault Customer Services but they still haven't got back to her after nearly a week.

So the question is, can both stalk and UCH need replacing or is the garage trying to pull the wool over a 23 yr girls eyes?

www.renparts.co.uk
wow i cant believe the price of doing the stalk, i usually charge 12.50 for the stalk and 10 to fit.
It does sound an odd fault i must say, so are they consistently just indicating the opposite way? or only sometimes?

3 MPS, MX5
I think the main problem is that they are intermitant. She said that it happens more so when she first starts the car from cold in the morning, which seems odd.

3 MPS, MX5
So it would be both the stalk and the uch then? nearly £500 just to fix an indicator problem.

Renault customer services never phoned back so she's just going to take it back into the dealer and pay what they want, as this needs doing now because she's just bought a new car and I want the Clio sold and off the drive now.

BMW M135i
I'd the inclined to agree, there was nothing wrong with the stalk and they're just trying to cover their own back. Sounds 100% like a UCH fault to me which does happen unfortunately and theres nothing you can do other than replace it.