ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction mods

renault logan 1.6
Hi

Does any one know what is the best air induction modification for k4m & have a dyno results.

Thanks

renault logan 1.6
I heard about airbox modifications & intake manifold swap...etc. so i want to get some ideas.

renault logan 1.6
But i want to stick with my k4m :eek: & dont want to change alot in my engine bay. By the way my transmission is dp0.

Sorry but i am not a fan of a cone filter because of the heat soak :D

Answered your own question there, if you can get 10bhp from induction mods I'd like to see that, find some friendly Rollers before and after.
I'm having cams fitted while the belts are being done on an F4R, be lucky to see 12-15bhp max and that's retaining the stock inlet and K&N panel filter.

Regards Russ........

renault logan 1.6
Thanks russ & yes its hard to get this number of hp by just using a few intake mods. I posted this subject to get some Info's about intake modification. By the way i am a fan of k4m :cool: & i believe it can handle alot of power.

Thanks.

renault logan 1.6
Maybe have a look at the s1600 kit that Renault produced

Think they were producing around 220 Bhp so should be a decent mod but not cheap

have a look in here for some ideas

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...6v-K4M-power-HELP!!&highlight=Super+1600+clio

Thanks :):) but if the safe rev limit for the stock k4m is 7500rpm it may handle up to 250bhp i think. The weakest part of the k4m engine is conrods. As i read here. Say if the parameter of conrods is torque so the safe limit will be 176ib/ft so nitrous will be the solution ;) (torque = hp*5252/rpm) based on dyno results of a stock engine + 17% power loss factor. Retarding the ignition or putting high RON fuel is required. Exhaust modification will support the performance too. With out changing the bottom end.

Twingo Gordini RS133
Engine swap. 133 /172/182
Turbo/supercharger
Nitrous

Pursue traditional tunning with a decent wallet and a good sense of humour ;)

Clio 172 phase 1
The only thing up I can do if you won't swap the engine is ... Fast road cams... An induction set up I've got the k&n typhoon on my 172 and it's great no heat problems nothing but a lot of noise and I feel the car revs freer at the top.. And then a de cat
exhaust all followed up by a remap but that lists still gonna cost £1000-1500 could buy a 172 for that ... And do an engine swap or as I don't recommend but have seen people do ... But the same colour and change the plates over not recommending this one tho! I'd just do the swap itd be more fun