ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction pipe dimensions

Clio 182
Alright guys just got a fatty style induction kit! The filters tube size is 70mm all the way through to the tb, I was sat thinking what would happen if you started at like 90mm at the filter and reduced it down to 70mm in the elbow or in the hose to the tb?cos I think that the larger volume of air at the filter naturally speeds up as the diameter of the tube gets smaller! What effect would this have on performance?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Probably little to no difference.

Another factor to consider is the bigger outlet may go on a bigger filter and the common 70mm filters people use fit snug against the battery. Unless the battery has been moved?

PH2 172
[QUOTE="Gary Pease, post: 11322300, member: 113709"cos I think that the larger volume of air at the filter naturally speeds up as the diameter of the tube gets smaller! What effect would this have on performance?[/QUOTE]
There`s a big difference between suck & blow.