ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Sound

Hi, curious about the sound that this K&N induction kit makes, will it still make this sound with a panel filter from k&n or does a cone filter need to be installed?

I know BHP gains are negligible, so I'm not caring about this for performance, just looks and sound, bit of fun.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I used to run a K&N 57i induction cone on my 1.2, used to give a nice roar, purely for noise. A panel filter wont give you alot of noticeable noise, but will 'perform' better than a cone. To be honest, on a 1.2 it really doesn't matter. Id get a cone for what you want though mate.

I had a Stainless steel Powertec Cone on my 1.2 16v. Sounded lovely. - For a 1.2! Search for them on google.
Might be selling if your interested, if mine'll fit yours.

On a 1.2, neither will make Any difference what so ever to performance, as you say. If it's sound you're after, get a cone. I wouldn't add to a higher performance engine, but on a 1.2 it'll give you what you're after.
Have a search on eBay - I ended up landing a fairly new PiperX Viper for £25 for my old 1.2!