ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Infa red filter?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick question as i have seen some infa red photo's on here.

I am looking at getting the IR filter for my canon but have been told that it may be no use as i have an anti IR filter built in and would need that replacing with either clear glass or a IR filter (pricey!)

I have a canon 1000d but have been told that its pretty much the same as the 450 range internally.

Has anybody done this to thier camera of just opted straight for the filter?

Cheers

Cupra
Most people buy older bodies to do this to. Some of the older cameras do not have the anti-IR filter over the sensor which means that you can then add the lens filter to get the result that you want.

Your best bet may to to buy somebody elses converted camera. They do pop up from time to time.

What are you going to shoot out of interest?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right. Bugger....
I was planning to shoot some landscape with old buildings and just some experimental stuff really, looks like an interesting effect.

Think i'll have to keep an eye out for a different body then. I was just hoping to buy a filter and then be done with it.

Cheers for the help