ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno orange

Ford Focus ST
Evening all

Has anyone been to view the inferno orange 182 at DTM cars ?
Just want to know its condition as im thinking of traveling a good way to view it.

Thanks Andy

BG V6, LY 182
Yes I've phoned and spoke to them going viewing tomorrow just looking for if it was anyone's on here bit of back ground info if you get me.

Yuppp, always worth the post.

Maybe ring them before you set off and get the reg if you already haven't? Then do a quick search on here. See if anything comes up.

Ford Focus ST
Yuppp, always worth the post.

Maybe ring them before you set off and get the reg if you already haven't? Then do a quick search on here. See if anything comes up.

One thing I forgot to ask I know it's on a 04 plate, I've got set of at 7 in morning so I can insure it if I like it, with my insurance shutting early on Saturdays.

Trophy Turbo :)
It's In great condition. Body works immaculate and it's had the timing belt dephaser and water pump replaced.

Worth the travel, dtm will look after you.

Ford Focus ST
Let us know how you get on :)
Unfortunately it didnt go well, I set off at 6.30am for the 166 mile journey, when I arrived I was very disapointed first look at the car I could see this-

Bonnet having heavy swirl marks which didnt fuss me as a detailing friend could sort this but when I looked further this is what I could see-

-both front tyres boarder line legal
- rear tyres all cracked and looking like they had been stood for a long period
-all tyres being different brands
-odd scratchs (expected with the age)
- 2 dints on passenger side
- front bumper paint very flat and all cracked
- steering wheel melted
-tax expires end of this month
-mark/stain on boot carpet

So for them reasons above I had to walk away as it just seemed like alot of problems/cost for a car which was for sale for £3250,

Very disappointed :( the hunt starts again.

BG V6, LY 182
Unfortunately it didnt go well, I set off at 6.30am for the 166 mile journey, when I arrived I was very disapointed first look at the car I could see this-

Bonnet having heavy swirl marks which didnt fuss me as a detailing friend could sort this but when I looked further this is what I could see-

-both front tyres boarder line legal
- rear tyres all cracked and looking like they had been stood for a long period
-all tyres being different brands
-odd scratchs (expected with the age)
- 2 dints on passenger side
- front bumper paint very flat and all cracked
- steering wheel melted
-tax expires end of this month
-mark/stain on boot carpet

So for them reasons above I had to walk away as it just seemed like alot of problems/cost for a car which was for sale for £3250,

Very disappointed :( the hunt starts again.

Wow. Honestly im gobsmacked you never walked away happy.
Front bumper doesn't look bad (in pics) looks standard.
Steering wheel, can be expected, can be replaced with a good snappy one, but obv you don't wanna pay after for it.
Tax is tax. But again, understandable, paying for 6/12 months.
Stain on carpet boot, wouldn't bother me personally.
Tyres, yes would be another 300+ for a decent set.

im sure something will come up for you. Good luck in the search.

Ford Focus ST
Wow. Honestly im gobsmacked you never walked away happy.
Front bumper doesn't look bad (in pics) looks standard.
Steering wheel, can be expected, can be replaced with a good snappy one, but obv you don't wanna pay after for it.
Tax is tax. But again, understandable, paying for 6/12 months.
Stain on carpet boot, wouldn't bother me personally.
Tyres, yes would be another 300+ for a decent set.

im sure something will come up for you. Good luck in the search.

Yes some bits I let past I just stated them for anyone who was going to travel up so they know what to expect, The bumper from a distance looks fine when you go close you notice it being flat and all cracked, for me to be happy id have had spend about grand before id of been happy so was just better to walk away,

Anyone selling a clean 182 FF message me.

Clio 172 182 197 200
It an 89k 9 year old car priced fairly considering its just had a £600 service.
It's not a new showroom car.
Good luck with your search.

Ford Focus ST
Another one of these people who want a brand new car for £3k. Lol.
Nope not at all id expect age related marks but was just to much bits needed doing for me. My personal opinion, could be perfect for sumome else just not me.

FF Racing Blue 182
Christ i paid £2500 or £2700 including deposit. Fsh 74k and tyres that didn't need changed. From a dealer in Sep 2012.

I done the belts when i got it even though it was in the service booklet that it was done. It had the usual marks for its age too.

Renault Clio182 bean
I got my inferno 182 for £1600, needed tax and belts change and alloy wheel refurb all of which I did myself. Now its pretty mint. You will find a bargain if you keep your eye out, but don't go to a viewing expecting any of them to be perfect ;)

Clio 172 182 197 200
Also in my defence smiffyboy rang me at 9pm on Friday night to ask questions about the car I gave him all the info I knew as I stock 30 cars I can't be expected to know every tyre on every car, he asked about tyres & I told him I was not at garage as out of hours & said I'd confirm on Saturday morning he chose to leave at 06:30 before receiving this info.
swirls on bonnet so now I need to detail every car that's been through a car wash.
Melting on steering wheel (says it all really)
Also some advice for smiffyboy if you tell someone your popping to have a coffee at mc Donald's to have a think & coming back at least have the courtesy to ring & let me know your not coming back just like I gave u my time at 9pm on Friday night then went to work 30 mins early to get the car out ready for you arriving.
I travel the country to look at 182s & see loads of sheds this inferno is in very good order both belt kits,Dephaser,water pump & all fluids changed also has had a wheel refurb & priced around the same as traders out there selling without these done.
you can't please all of the people all of the time.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Still sounds like the car is in good condition as described by the seller, you can't be too picky as at the end of the day it is a used car around 10 years old now. Expect to pay more than 3000 mark for a truly 'mint' one imo

Also in my defence smiffyboy rang me at 9pm on Friday night to ask questions about the car I gave him all the info I knew as I stock 30 cars I can't be expected to know every tyre on every car, he asked about tyres & I told him I was not at garage as out of hours & said I'd confirm on Saturday morning he chose to leave at 06:30 before receiving this info.
swirls on bonnet so now I need to detail every car that's been through a car wash.
Melting on steering wheel (says it all really)
Also some advice for smiffyboy if you tell someone your popping to have a coffee at mc Donald's to have a think & coming back at least have the courtesy to ring & let me know your not coming back just like I gave u my time at 9pm on Friday night then went to work 30 mins early to get the car out ready for you arriving.
I travel the country to look at 182s & see loads of sheds this inferno is in very good order both belt kits,Dephaser,water pump & all fluids changed also has had a wheel refurb & priced around the same as traders out there selling without these done.
you can't please all of the people all of the time.

There is no reason for you to try and defend yourself. He travelled a very long way, wasn't happy, didn't buy it, thats the end of it. He clearly says, he wasn't prepared to lay out more money to get the jobs sorted so thats his choice. I don't see why he had to get back to you really. He went away and decided he didn't want it. You sell cars for your day job, so I'm assuming you see people coming and going all the time. Maybe if you don't want people to turn you down, try and keep more information about the cars to hand. If anyone should be annoyed its "smiffyboy" for the body work not being in "excellent condition as you state in your add. Maybe he is being a little picky but thats down to the person handing over the cash, not the seller.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I think what he's annoyed about isn't the car not selling but going the extra mile Ie answering the phone at 9 when he didn't have to then that same person doesn't have the same courtesy to ring him and say he doesn't want it.

Also I think he does have to defend himself and his business anyone could look at this thread and think he is misleading customers and providing a bad service. TBH I'd say that car is good value its effectively £2600 once you take the cost of the belts out.

I'd just like to say I bought my car from I suppose a rival dealer in the Newcastle area as DTM didn't have the colour I wanted however they still answered my questions and gave me advice even for that reason I would recommend them to anyone.

Last edited:
  BG V6, LY 182
He should have gave DTM a quick call to say he won't be back. It costs nothing. He'd been very helpful answering at 9pm, starting early etc. And didn't even get a call to say thank but no thanks.

I think what he's annoyed about isn't the car not selling but going the extra mile Ie answering the phone at 9 when he didn't have to then that same person doesn't have the same courtesy to ring him and say he doesn't want it.

Also I think he does have to defend himself and his business anyone could look at this thread and think he is misleading customers and providing a bad service. TBH I'd say that car is good value its effectively £2600 once you take the cost of the belts out.

I'd just like to say I bought my car from I suppose a rival dealer in the Newcastle area as DTM didn't have the colour I wanted however they still answered my questions and gave me advice even for that reason I would recommend them to anyone.

Like i said, it works both ways. maybe a phone call wouldn't have hurt but at the same time, i wouldn't describe something as excellent if it has them problems thats been listed. He said it wasn't what he wanted to hand 3250 over for. For a car of 9/10 years old course you have to expect stuff like shopping trolley dings and stuff but if you think you can find something better for that kind of money then good luck to them. Same way a car salesmen isn't always going to list every last little detail because he wants the car sold. Traveling that far though, id have liked a little more info of every little detail.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Like i said, it works both ways. maybe a phone call wouldn't have hurt but at the same time, i wouldn't describe something as excellent if it has them problems thats been listed. He said it wasn't what he wanted to hand 3250 over for. For a car of 9/10 years old course you have to expect stuff like shopping trolley dings and stuff but if you think you can find something better for that kind of money then good luck to them. Same way a car salesmen isn't always going to list every last little detail because he wants the car sold. Traveling that far though, id have liked a little more info of every little detail.

Yes my point was about coming on a public forum that everyone can see and commenting that it wasn't as described is damaging for the guys business and seems unfair considering he started the journey before the dealer had chance to get to the garage and answer his qs.

Ford Focus ST
Im not trying to slate the guys buisness by putting it on a public forum, The reason I put it on here was for other people who are maybe going to view the car they know what they would have to do from what I saw, like I said in a previous message it might be a perfect car for someone else it just wasnt for me.

The bit that bugged me was the advert states "excellent bodywork" which in my eyes was incorrect as the front bumper needs a resrpray, But yet again thats my opinion.

This thread don't really need to go any further.

CS Dungeon
Is be pissed at such a misleading advert and dishonesty if I was taking a whole day off (£220) plus fuel (£60) to see a shed!!
£3k+ it would want to be absolutely mint or a highly desirable special paint (read as LY)
£600 service?! Where?! I did belts, oils, head gasket, dephaser for sub £400 and I'm not even a stealer and don't get trade rates!
Cars worth £2k tops compared to others out there!

And good on OP coming in here and not being afraid to speak up! Why should he be!! He owes the dealer nothing (OMFG a business owner answers the phone out of hours!! f**k sake I finished at 10:30 last night after starting at 7am........ Cry me a f**king river too please and remind me to get the clients wife to suck my **** for going above and beyond!!

Some people make me laugh!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Is be pissed at such a misleading advert and dishonesty if I was taking a whole day off (£220) plus fuel (£60) to see a shed!!
£3k+ it would want to be absolutely mint or a highly desirable special paint (read as LY)
£600 service?! Where?! I did belts, oils, head gasket, dephaser for sub £400 and I'm not even a stealer and don't get trade rates!

And good on OP coming in here and not being afraid to speak up! Why should he be!! He owes the dealer nothing (OMFG a business owner answers the phone out of hours!! f**k sake I finished at 10:30 last night after starting at 7am........ Cry me a f**king river too please and remind me to get the clients wife to suck my **** for going above and beyond!!

Diamond Moters charge £597 for a full belt change for example if you can do it so cheaply maybe you should set up shop.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
LOL so they should deduct labour off it?

Also you can see in the pictures the steering wheel is melted, bust be rare to find one these days that isnt?! also the tax date is in the advert? so you would of known this prior to the visit?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Parts for the belt kits X2 + dephaser is circa £300 as you need oil + filter as well.
So £300 labour for 4-6 hours labour is about correct.

S

Clio 172 182 197 200

Not that I need to explain myself to you "anonymous"

Nothing misleading in the ad as far as I'm concerned, the car is in amazing condition for it's age & mileage also fairly priced in the marketplace, no where near being a shed!

I have sold in the region of 30 x 182's this year, with many happy cliosport members/customers. The tyres where probably the only genuine complaint however if you read the thread correctly he asked me at 9pm when I was not at my business premises when I was only able to answer certain questions without being physically in front of the vehicle. I did however answer quite a few more but said I would let him know in the morning about the tyres etc however he chose to ignore this advice & travel up early. You are clearly in charge of his rota if you know he took a day off work, which was not mentioned to us!

You are clearly very out of touch with your prices on good examples of 182s with low owners, good history less then 100k. Find me an inferno with all this work just done for less than 2k & I'll buy it! A good LY will cost least 4.5k I ve just sold a 61k LY for £5400, this is fact not hearsay.

The fact you can buy the parts for around £400 is irrelevant, we are a business, well known & respected. We charge labour just like 'other garages' and just like you get paid for your labour at work - didnt realise we went to work to not charge and wear our clothes out. We do do the job correctly, stamp the book accordingly and guarantee our work.

Just reiterate I answered the phone at 9pm and answered all the questions I could so I can't understand your ridiculous comments of cry me a river etc etc, not to mention the foul mouthed comments at the end, there are ladies that use this forum! Did I say I complained about answering the phone, I said I couldn't answer all the questions.

Remember this is his opinion that car is not up to his standard & he clearly states that someone else could be perfectly happy with it. I didn't realise you viewed the car in person anonymous!

In future please read the thread and it's context clearly and more importantly refrain from offensive foul mouth quotes.

I regularly view cars that are not up to scratch but I don't start hurling abuse at the seller because I like to conduct myself in a professional manner, if you search DTM Cars on this forum you will find many good reviews however we can't please all of the people all of the time.

Clio 172 182 197 200
LOL so they should deduct labour off it?

Also you can see in the pictures the steering wheel is melted, bust be rare to find one these days that isnt?! also the tax date is in the advert? so you would of known this prior to the visit?

Thanks for your support, I endeavour to list my cars correctly with pics of steering wheels etc.

Ph2 172
To be honest Trev it's best for both of you that he didn't buy it. He'll be back in 6 months asking you to replace his windscreen wipers under warranty. It's a big bad world out there, some people just don't get it.

For the record I've seen a lot of DTM's stock, they don't put their name to s**t motors!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member

What the f**k are you smoking?!