ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injector 4 / damaging misfire/ emission light.

I bought my first clio 182 a week ago. im just waiting for the insurance to run out on my old car (this thursday) and it will be on the road. I started it up on the drive ( been sitting 3 days) to move it. the car started and ran fine but then the emission light came on and the engine has a ever so slight misfire, it hasnt got a full misfire if that makes sence? the engine sounds like a impreza. i plugged it in to the diagnostics and it has come up injector 4 & also damaging misfire. I swopped 1 and 4 on the plugs but hasnt made any differance and was still on injector 4. i pulled the plug out of cyl 4 and was slightly wet but has a sprark. I think its the injector but am i missing something? are they common to go ?

2003 Clio 172
Hold on, you swapped the 1 and 4 plug leads around and it made no difference at all? Or do you mean the injector plugs?

Nothing?

No even worse?

J

172 cup (again)
Sounds similar to the injector fault i had a few weeks ago, same fault message I has, number 4 is nearest the driver side. Easy enough to change, just get yourself a new/2nd hand working injector or complete working rail. 10mm long socket and extension is all that you need to change it.

Racing Blue 182
I had this problem too, I had emissions light and misfire in cylinder 4, mine turned out to be a faulty injector so replaced that and it seems fine now but the light is still on, we think its an electrical fault :( I still have the destructive misfire fault codes too.

swapped the ht leads around on the coil. I pulled the plug off the injector and the engine remained the same, does anyone know the resistance of a good/ brand new injector? the only thing i havent done is put a led across the injector plug to see if it is getting a signal.

I had this problem too, I had emissions light and misfire in cylinder 4, mine turned out to be a faulty injector so replaced that and it seems fine now but the light is still on, we think its an electrical fault :( I still have the destructive misfire fault codes too.

What is ment by distructive misfire? bad coil maybe ?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
no, just the injector has failed. Just get a new injector and replace injector 4. the light will take a few hundred miles to clear.

Racing Blue 182
no, just the injector has failed. Just get a new injector and replace injector 4. the light will take a few hundred miles to clear.
Does it really take ages? As I have had mine fixed (as far as running is concerned) and the light is still on, being a pain in the ass!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
yes it takes a while. If you have RSTuner, you can clear the error code and it should go off straight away. This is assuming you don't have another fault or course...

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
yes it takes a while. If you have RSTuner, you can clear the error code and it should go off straight away. This is assuming you don't have another fault or course...

Had the same problem with injector 4. New injector and then RSTuner to clear code and it goes off straight away.

Racing Blue 182
I've had many people try and clear the codes for me! Even Danlp6 with his CLIP couldn't sort it and we now think it might be a wiring problem or a UCH fault :(

well i changed the injector today, i put a multi metre across the pins fn the injectors and i was getting around 13-14 ohms. On Cylinder 4 injector i was getting 3.e ohms haa! problem solved and the light has gone out to ! just be sure to use plenty of wd or vaseline on the o rings so they slip in, i broke one but luckly i had a box of o-rings kicking about !