ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injector removal, is it a pig of a job?

Clio 172 Ph1
Well ordered a new set of injectors due to a miss-fire That came in the car. Came not long after servicing it (oil and filter). So I changed to NGK Platnium plugs, new coil pack and tried a new set of leads but still have a miss-fire. Have ordered some injectors, but is it a pig of a job to do or will it be simple enough?

Ph1
On a ph1 ? Very easy.

Fuel rail cover off - unclip fuel line from fuel rail - undo 2x 10mm fuel rail bolts - withdraw fuel rail and injectors from inlet (might take a bit of pulling)

Golf GTD Mk7
Please tell me you've not bought all that off Renault. Must have cost you a small fortune. Injectors are really easy. They are just awkward to pull out of the inlet and the rail.

Clio 172 Ph1
No didnt buy off Renault!ha I have a miss fire the past while, done the plugs, coilpack and tried different leads! So just went and ordered some heavy duty HT leads and decided to get 4 new injectors while I was at it to hopefully solve the miss! Decided to do all four injectors while im at it to be on the safe side and wont do any harm for the future of the car!

On a sperate note, the miss only came about a week after servicing it, there has never been a issue of oil causing an engine to miss is there? I used 5w40 semi synthetic?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Have you actually tried unplugging the injectors one by one with the car running to see if any of them make a difference?