ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injector tick

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Ive done a load of searching and found out a load of info on this ticking situation which seems to be very common.

Last night i noticed a tick from my engine, Im certain it isnt the dephaser pully as its not as loud as that.

Im thinking its the injector solinoids. Reason is i changed one the other week, second hand miles unknown. So question is, Does the tick increase with the revs? I can here it ticking (window down, radio off) when im driving along the road. I can here it between when i move of and about 2500rpm ish,1st and second. Ticking increases wth the revs. Any further up the rev range its harder to here as the exhaust gets louder. Bloody decat and magnex ;)

I know its a topic thats been covered loads, and ive been reading other threads for about an hour now. Just need to know if the injector tick gets faster through the rev range if its fecked :)

I have a tick from mine aswell. It ticks on start up and ticks when you release the accelerator. Only seems to do it on the way down the revs but only slightly on the way up.

Never thought it could be the injectors but il give them a thought

Not got a car
I think they do tick louder with revs, On my VTR i had that was a b*****d, the injectors bang about loads getting lounder with higher reving. It pissed me right off so i had them cleaned and it sorted it.

Evo
Renault trade mark is the ticky engine. Mine has only 4000miles on the clock and it ticks as much as my old 50,000mile 1.4

When discussing it with a renault tech at the dealers they said it was due to the way renault design their engines, and its actually piston slap which causes the noise....

How true that is i dont know, but there you have it.

Dodgy one
Mine does it, Its annoying but i cant think of anything to do, The cars looked after anally and a check over while doing the oil last week revealed nothing else up.

My Citroen did it and so did my pug, Thought of banging a few tanks of V power in and stop driving like miss Daisy for a while to see if it helps lol

182 cup phase2
I may be off the mark but I thought a common ticking issue was sticking hydraulic lifters, if it's related change the oil to 5w30. or try flushing oil..If it makes no difference at least you can rule it out as a cause

Evo
People have changed cam followers and all sorts with no results. Like i say even when i picked mine up fresh from the dealer it ticked, not loud but it was there on idle.

Maybe its where the term tick over came from lol :p

172 Race Car
does it do it al the time? Bomber had a similar fault (thought i was de-phaser or worse)

We found out it was the carbon canister solenoid

Astra van,Mk1 nova
does it do it al the time? Bomber had a similar fault (thought i was de-phaser or worse)

We found out it was the carbon canister solenoid

Yeah its not loud though, just increases with the revs, after 3000rpm you cant here it because of the exhaust.

Dodgy one
Ruled out the carbon canister on mine by unplugging it, Engine was given a flush and new oil in the last 500 miles too

5/40 fully Synth in it comes out every 6k and has Genuine Renault filters