ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet diffrence

GW 200T
Can some 1 please tell me the diffrence between a Stamp RS inlets and a set of matched ones and are the Rs 1s any good??

Golf GTD Mk7
they are supposed to be slightly better cast, but still not great. Most 182's had them I believe.

Golf GTD Mk7
do you definately not have the RS stamped ones? Had mine ported and there is minimal gains. I recon around 3bhp and 5torque (had different mods on too when on the RR). Mine were RS stamped, so minimal gains from modding. The early ph1 ones are supposed to respond better to porting as the casting isn't as good.

RS RIP
answer;

the RS stamped ones run a bigger diameter ALL THROUGH the tubes, whereas the non RS ones have a smaller diameter. When these are matched, the parts through the bends are'nt reached by the machine so only the beginning + ends are "matched" to the size of the ports it is matched to

Golf GTD Mk7
not mine, had my RS stamped ones enlarged all the way through slightly too. :approve: Depends where you get them done mate. Had mine CNC'd throughout

172 Cup
not mine, had my RS stamped ones enlarged all the way through slightly too. :approve: Depends where you get them done mate. Had mine CNC'd throughout

are you sure they weren't finished off by hand. CNC'ing around a 45 degree bend must be impossible.....:S

Golf GTD Mk7
hmmm, they're not 45 degree, they are pretty straight when you look down them. the plenum on the other hand was only done about 4cm in.

GW 200T
dont know what to do, either get the rs stampd ones then get umm matched or leave them just stampped

Golf GTD Mk7
have you definately not got the rs ones? You may as well get yours done if you're going to bother, depends on how bad yours are.

RS RIP
hmmm, they're not 45 degree, they are pretty straight when you look down them. the plenum on the other hand was only done about 4cm in.

They're not straight. The angle is close to 90 degrees in fact. When you have had them machined through+through , it was'nt done by cnc/machine.
I am talking about the lower one ofcourse; this has the RS stamp on it. Or not.

The upper one does'nt have the RS stamp, the one you seem to talk about ?

RS RIP
Can some 1 please tell me the diffrence between a Stamp RS inlets and a set of matched ones and are the Rs 1s any good??

opinions vary about this. The RS ones (lower) have the bigger diameter and supposably were better for torque. I had the regular ones matched but at the same time put in some nice cams so my opinion does'nt count ;)

In the most cases it is a nice mod to do ; RS ones or not.

Golf GTD Mk7
They're not straight. The angle is close to 90 degrees in fact. When you have had them machined through+through , it was'nt done by cnc/machine.
I am talking about the lower one ofcourse; this has the RS stamp on it. Or not.

The upper one does'nt have the RS stamp, the one you seem to talk about ?

I'm sure that's what he said they did. might be getting confused. You can nearly see straight down them though, so although they are kind of 90degrees. I figured if you can CNC a full cylinder head, then why not the lower inlet.

It's just the lower inlet with RS stamp yeah.