ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner cv gaitor split AGAIN reasons why??????

Clio 172
Hello guys my driverside inner cv gaitor has split again and it looks like it is catching and rubbing against the engine from what i can make out i just want to know why oe what it could be that is causing it i have told my local garge and i dont think they take much notice and are just interested in my money, but could be wrong! my car is on coilovers and i know this could be the reason but im sure it is something else. its like the driveshaft has moved forwards which maybe the reason it is catching could it be engine mounts ?????????? cheers guys just need some advice and i think i might take the car to BTM for MOT etc!!!!!

Clio 172
it could be slightly out each side and its not lowered to much the wheels are above the arch but im not sure what it is catching not sure if its the engine block.

Clio 172
ithink so mate, i dont think the issue is the gaitors i think its cause its catching the engine when the wheels are turning