ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing sound system

Can anyone help?

I am going to install my amp and sub into my 172 mk II over the weekend. Does anyone know if its easy to connect the amp up to the car battery and if so where do you feed the wire from the inside of the car through to the battery?

Cheers

Scott

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ok how mad are you going just sub+amp?

if you are then its through the bonnet release grommet (passenger side)

make a hole in it and feed the power wire down one side and the rcas down the other

Thanx Tom, yeah its just a basic sub+amp installation.

Am I to drill a hole underneath the bonnet release lever?

Does the amp wire connect to the + or - on the battery

Also, I take it when you say the rca, you are refering to the wire that goes to the Headunit?

Sorry mate but Im not so clued up on installing ice.

Cheers

Scott

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

where do you live?

dont drill anything!!! unless its plastic!!!

theres no need to drill a hole, i managed to squeeze 2-gauge cable through the existing grommet (o-gauge was just TOO big)

if the wire youre on about is a thin blue wire then this is the remote wire, this tells the Amp to turn on

The RCA cables also connect to the head unit, but send a signal to the amp to tell it what music it is to play (much thicker, with 2 connectors on each end)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Sh*t if you were local i would help

erm ok if yo follow the bonnet release cable you can make the hole bigger in the grommet and feed the power wire through that

you must put a fuse on the wire before the amp as close to the battery as possible

the RCAs are the red and white cables coming out the back of the headunit

dont run these down the same side as the power cable, it could cause interference

you also need to run a remote wire from the headunit (blue wire) to the amp run this next to the power cable if you can but dont worry if you cant.

i use the bolts in the boot for an earth remove one and connect the earth wire to the bolt using a ring connection (cut the ring and widen it to fit around the bolt)

that should be it

the main power wire connects to the + terminal on the battery

any problems, i will be heading up to blackburn in january, if needs be, i can stop mid journey and possible help

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

yes connect the amp to the + on the battery as it is negative earth.

RCA is just a fancy name for phono cables... or maybe its the other way about..