ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insuring 2 cars?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
just rang up my ins company.

i want to insure my rs-1 and also a £300 diesel dog to commute in.
they said i have to create 2 policies (one for each car) and only use my 5yrs ncb on one!

so paying £300 to insure my 172 fully comp protected and £400 to insure a 1.9 diesel clio 1994 tp only!

can i be naughty and ring up another ins company and insurte the diesel from scratch and when they ask about my NCB i say yes i have 5 yrs so in effect sneakily use my NCB on 2 cars by 'playing dumb' ?

or would it not work?

RS Clio 200
LOL interesting you should post this cos im ooking to do the same myself.

i dont think ure get away with the double NCB thing LOL

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
why not?? if its with a different company? you just pretend your startin a totally new policy and when they ask 'do YOU have any NCB?' you say 'yeah 5 years'.

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
You can only use your NCB with one car.

"£400 to insure a 1.9 diesel clio 1994 tp only!" is outrageous, but thats because they are taking this with 0 NCB as you are using the 5yrs NCB on the clio.

Might be a lot of hassle, but try another insurance company that will insure a 2nd car. (1 policy for both) its got to be cheaper than £700 a year for both.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
tried admiral and they wanted to bum me for £750 for both. im payin £350 for the RS approx and expect to pay about £200 for a diesel banger (not bothered wat it is).

no chance. gonna have to pull off some sort of manouevre. its me who earns the NCB not the car! its scandalous!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
doesnt matter, thought it would be a cheap way of getting to work and back and saving the miles on my rs. oh well, could try gettin someone else to insure it and pay them and just drive it on my fully comp on rs.
wat a load of b0ll0cks.

RS Clio 200
doesnt matter, thought it would be a cheap way of getting to work and back and saving the miles on my rs. oh well, could try gettin someone else to insure it and pay them and just drive it on my fully comp on rs.
wat a load of b0ll0cks.

wont work... policy holder has to be the main driver - wouldend up in poo poo this way too.
whats 400 quid? ull make that back in a year on milage costs

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
good point. £400 is for the whole year and would defo make it back in juice and tyres etc.
still CBA payin mor for a dirty diesel than my rs. insurance is gay.

182 inside
admiral or confused.com will find you the cheapest. i have my 172 and wife's ford ka covered for £430 fully comp combined on a joint policy.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
i know there are companies that do one policy to cover two cars. my dad insured his aston with some some company and they added his fiesta to it for about £50. dont kno what companies do this though but they are out there

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
aston and a fiesta. another tough dilemma to face every day.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
not tried yet im gonna give it a go over weekend. need to find a car too.