ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interference with dvd and screen

clio williams, Ph1 172

YOu may all have seen my screen and dvd install.

I get a bit of interference when u rev the car, seen this before with amps etc. kind of a whistle. Think it affects the picture slightly too though.

Think it could be cos its plugged into the fag lighter? Where should i run a live from in a valver ideally?

Cheers people!

I think i have read somewhere that this problem can be fixed by installing a ground loop isolator, can get it at maplins or halfords.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

i have the same problem with my car and havnt been able to fix it yet.

Gonna have to try a different earthing point but do the isolators work on the rcas of video cable signals?

Mr2 Roadster

Yep they work, but best to hard wire the thing in properly and create a decent earth. If you take the screen out then hardwire it and use a plug of some sort!

Lionel Richie

IMO is got nowt to do with the earth, its to do with the power inverter that changes the cars 12V into 240V

This happened on my car, at first i used a £50 inverter from PC World which caused loads of "fuzzing" and lines across the screen. I changed this for a Sine wave inverter (£130) and the picture and sound have been perfect ever since

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

All you have to do os ground the video/audio sigal to the car, thats what I did to fix the video interference in my xbox/screen.

There was no way I was paying over 100 quid for a true sine wave converter, a modified sine wave is good enough for me.