ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent problem - help please!!!

Clio Expression 03
Hi

I bought my clio expression 1.2 03 back In feb, since then its had numerous problems the latest of which has got my stumped!

It was driving fine and all at once jerked/loss of power before getting to some traffic lights, it struggled to pull away from these lights and struggled with power to get up to speed.
The car basically felt like I was putting my foot down on the throttle (over revving it) to no power every couple of seconds until I managed to pull over.

When the RAC came out to me there was an engine light and the diagnostic said the top O2 sensor was to blame. He said he managed to turn it off which made it possible to drive it down to my local garage – although it had a huge flat spot under 2000 revs.

Garage couldn’t find a problem with it next day and sent us away, so decided to take it up to the Renault garage, again it didn’t make it this far. Loss of power, very unhealthy sound and it felt like the dashboard was getting hot. Pulled over and when I turned the engine back on it sounded like it was struggling to stay started. Managed to get it towed in.

Renault are also struggling to get it to fault. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what could be causing this? :cry:

Bit of background to the car;
- It had its ECU replaced within 2 weeks (the locks failed).

- It also had an electrical fault light a while back coupled with an engine light and we got the loom etc looked at (the anti tamper box was also removed at the same time).

- It also suffered loss of power 2/3 months ago and again this was put down to an intermittent fault (no warning lights) and we had the time belt changed encase that was the problem and it was due to be changed.

Thanks!!