ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent problem

Renault Clio Sport 172
Hi i'm Claire and new to cliosport.net, I was hoping someone here could help shed some light on my problem below.

I purchased a Clio 172 (51 plate) a couple of months ago, my first one... so far :) and i am really pleased with it.

I've have noticed that when I start the car up in the morning and drive 10 miles up the road to work, a few hours later I start it up and it runs really badly. It almost seems like there is no power and it's bit jumpy, and then it's a fine again for a few seconds then back to hardly any power etc, it does this for approx 5 minutes. Then it all starts again a few hours later on my way home! :(

It had an aftermarket exhaust fitted about 4 years ago, and no other mods as far as I can see from all the paperwork I was given.

pls help!
thanx
Claire

Renault Clio Sport 172
Hi,

As far as i no, yes. was done 2/3 years ago and has only done around 20k in that time.

Claire

Renault Clio Sport 172
it just might be thinking about it. my brother in law has a faulty Purge Valve on his Saxo VTS - the problem i have does seem very similar to his.

thanks for all your help, i will get it checked out & let u no!

cheers
Claire