ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

International Member says Hi!, and would appreciate some input!

Clio Sport 172
Hi everyone,

I have been logging in to Cliosport ever since I started looking for and subsequently ended up buying a Clio 172 Ph2. I live in Johannesburg South Africa and really enjoy the Cliosport Forums.

I would like to know the following, and if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

I drove a Clio 172 Ph1, and the thing had a really deep exhaust sound even when idling, but the one I bought was more civilised, not really anything that makes it sound sporty. The Ph1 really moved in 2nd gear and revved freely, whilst mine feels in relation to the Ph1, a bit laboured. It really doesn't have that kick in the back that Ph1 had. Is it maybe that the Ph1 had a decat exhaust??? And would installing an exhaust like this make my clio feel as though it wants to rev a bit better?
Also when hitting around 5000rpm there is a bit of a singing noise that makes its appearance on the right front of the car, as if something is loose? What could it be? Any suggestions.
Other than that the car is beautiful and ALL I'd hope it would be!

Thanks again!
Cheers.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
greetings! the mk1 has cable throttle so maybe thats why it felt livelier, if your mk2 is on low mileage its probably not 'run in' yet.