ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet Explorer 7......your thoughts

ITR UKDC2
just updated to Internet Explorer 7.............its weird.................very weird........

what i do like is the New tab so you can have different windows up.

i want a bigger BACK button tbh :dapprove:

anyone else got it?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
i dont personally use the back button just either use the mouse button, or backspace works a treat ;)

But that only takes you back one page at a time, I normally use the back button on my mouse.

But if I want to jump to a page say 20 pages ago, or just check something i could use the old drop down list and select it.. cant do taht anymore :(

ITR UKDC2
its going to take a bit of getting used to i guess.......will everyone have to update it at some point?

if it aint broke dont fix it........i miss the old one already

Mercedes SLK350
i dont personally use the back button just either use the mouse button, or backspace works a treat ;)

But that only takes you back one page at a time, I normally use the back button on my mouse.

But if I want to jump to a page say 20 pages ago, or just check something i could use the old drop down list and select it.. cant do taht anymore :(

There is a drop down button next to the forward button, is this what you are looking for?

Mercedes SLK350
Been using IE7 for 5 minutes now, I can see it is going to take a lot of getting used to. I must say I prefer the "old" IE.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Makes my job a nightmare! Our website which our company runs only works in IE (due it using an ActiveX control) and because the status bar functions dont work so many people are calling up and complaining lol.

Megane Mk4
I use Firefox 2.0, seems more stable than IE 6 or 7
Plus the multi-tab option you get in IE7 has been in firefox for ages..

Microsoft pulling a copycat out ;)

Yaris Hybrid
I always preferred IE to Firefox as the latter seemed to me to be a load of hype that most people used just because it was fashionable. Kind of the iPOD or Audi TT of web browsers.

Have to say though with the two latest versions of each browser I much prefer the layout of Firefox and use it all the time now.

I prefer Opera. Apart from the customisation that FF has, Opera has all the functionality you could ever want. I only have Internet Explorer installed on my machine so that I can install the optional updates from Micro$oft.

Really don't like the way the buttons are arranged, stop and refresh should be one button and it should be placed alongside the back and forward buttons on the top left.

is it possible to have Firefox and IE7 on the computer and just browse in which every one you want?...Or is it a case of only being able to have one?

Octavia VRS
Not keen on IE7, started updating to it on some machines last week but leaving the rest on IE6 for now. Not allowed to go to Firefox at work!

Megane Mk4
is it possible to have Firefox and IE7 on the computer and just browse in which every one you want?...Or is it a case of only being able to have one?

You can have both, although they may argue from time to time over which one is 'Default browser' ;)
Just untick the option in one of them, they should run side by side though, I had IE6 and firefox v1.5 running at the same time with no problems from either. Although I did notice both browsers seem to view some pages differently, which looks weird sometimes :S lol

I have both, mainly use firefox as the default.

Sometimes IE is needed for certain websites, not going to update it though!

306 TD Slut
i downloaded the beta preview version and un installed it straight away, but i updated yesterday , its okay i guess, having the tabs across the the top has good and bad points for me.

its nice not having hundreds of IE tabs in my start bar.

When using it for web design i find it tends to preview a page just like firefox, whereas before IE and FF were completely different. Its getting more and more like FF now.

Lol and yeah the back button is small but i tend to use my mouse button for that.

Weird having the refresh and stop button so small and to the right too.. quick links button comes in handy too.