ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS 4.3

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Of course, you won't actually be able to make use of any of it on an iPhone yet.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I really do hope that they release the WiFi hotspot feature here in the UK, will be so handy with the iPad for work!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I really do hope that they release the WiFi hotspot feature here in the UK, will be so handy with the iPad for work!

It's in the firmware, but unless you have tethering on your account you can't use it. I don't know about the other UK carriers, but it won't work on O2 as they charge an extra fee to enable it.

A silver one

So does this mean that as long as I've got a 3G connection on my iPhone 4, that a 'wifi only' iPad would be able to connect to the phone and then out to the internet? Sort of negates the need for a 3G iPad (with the ridiculous monthly charges) if you've got an iPhone 4.

It's in the firmware, but unless you have tethering on your account you can't use it. I don't know about the other UK carriers, but it won't work on O2 as they charge an extra fee to enable it.

£10 IIRC. Not sure what the charge is actually for though? A loser at work has got a Desire HD and tethering is free of charge on that. No idea why you need to pay on the iPhone?

Cupra
I just use PDANET (Cydia app) with my 3GS for tethering. As long as you don't go mad with downloading, I don't think you'll get too much of a problem from the provider surely?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm running 4.3

Stable enough, need to upload a package to enable WiFi sharing.
Now vibrates in a different way when you get sms or emails, thats all i noticed.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have not decided if I will install 4.3 or not on my iPhone. Not sure anything much has really changed to justify making a early leap to it.

A silver one
I'm running 4.3

Stable enough, need to upload a package to enable WiFi sharing.
Now vibrates in a different way when you get sms or emails, thats all i noticed.

Other than uploading the 'package', will you need to pay the tethering fee to use this feature?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I have not decided if I will install 4.3 or not on my iPhone. Not sure anything much has really changed to justify making a early leap to it.

Its pretty snappy, the vibration change is enough for me.

BG 182
To be a developer do u have to contractually develop? Ive removed my jailbreak but need the like like of mywi. Any more info if o2 will allow the mobile hotspur and costs?