ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 2 issues

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Got an issues with my iPad 2. Sometimes if I go to open an app the screen will just flash black and then return to the home screen. It will keep doing this and the only way to get it working again is to delete the app and reinstall it. It's happening quite a lot now. Safari has also started to just shut down randomly as well.

I've tried restoring it with iTunes and this sorts it for a day or two and then it plays up again.

And ideas of anything in can do to sort it or shall I just take it back for a replacement?

Are you multi tasking too many things ?
Double tap home , then hold the icons till theyre blurry, then click all the x's till theyre gone at the bottom
Now try it ?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Yeah I tried this and it hasn't made any difference. As I was typing this safari shut down and I only have 2 things running.

Take it to the apple store i reckon shoukd give you a new one if its still in warranty , you gotta book into the genius bar though , on their website
Ive had about 7 new iphones from there before, they give them out like sweets aha!

I have safari crashing quite regularly. Common problem if you do a quick google search. Apple seem to know about it apparently. Hopefully the next software update will cure it. Only been happening since I downloaded ios5 onto it.

Restore it. See if that helps.

You aren't going to get a new one for a software fault without some troubleshooting.

Restore it. See if that helps.

You aren't going to get a new one for a software fault without some troubleshooting.

You say that , but if you have restored it to factory settings and it still doesnt work , there is nothing they can do other than giving new hardware

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Only happens with certain apps?

The rest of them all working fine?

Yeah it seems to be mainly Facebook, Tapatalk and Safari but they are by far the most frequently used apps on my iPad.. It will only generally be one app that's affected by it, if one keeps crashing then the others seem to work ok.

Edition 30
Yeah it seems to be mainly Facebook, Tapatalk and Safari but they are by far the most frequently used apps on my iPad.. It will only generally be one app that's affected by it, if one keeps crashing then the others seem to work ok.

That's odd. Safari does it to me every so often when I'm on a page with loads of pics, vids etc.

Maybe it has a fault that needs Apple's attention.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Facebook app crashed for me a LOT. Got fed up with it and deleted it. Haven't noticed anything else buggy yet (no doubt it'll all go wrong now!).

Worth a trip to Apple if you're passing the store ? :cool:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'd do a restore and not back up and see what happens. Chances are you have a dodgy backup.

That said, Tapatalk and Facebook are crash prone. Safari, tends to "clog" up if you dont delete the website data (Settings, Safari, Advanced, Website data)

Yeah I've already done this a couple of times now. Thanks for your input folks. I'll make an appointment at the apple store and see what they say.

Cheers.

As I've already said Ron. It's a software problem. I took mine to apple and they basically said wait for an update. They know there's a problem should be sorted with the next update. Waste of time taking a trip to an apple shop unless your just passing anyway.

You just retyped what I said but with poor grammar. Lol.

1. If you read the OP then you will see that he has already restored, hence me saying he should go to the Apple store

2. Didn't realise this was an English examination

Bike*
My facebook app wont let me upload pictures, it loads for a few seocnds then closes and back to the home screen :/