ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 3g showing 'E' instead of 3G

Shdhdhd
Just noticed it's changed from 3g to E on my top bar next the time. Also internet is being pretty slow and failing
to open pages. What's that all about. Never noticed it before and had the phone almost a year I think

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
yep o is GPRS, E is Edge and obviously 3G is 3G. If your getting E instead of 3G thats because theres not 3G in the particular area your stood in, if you used to get it there then just move a little as it seems to be quite odd 3G, i can get it on 1 side of my comp but not the other in my office at work.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol I very very rarely have any of those, don't even switch on 3g cos there is no point where I live.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Lol I very very rarely have any of those, don't even switch on 3g cos there is no point where I live.

Have you checked recently? Dunno about Shropshire but not that far from Cheshire and they've recently done loads of 3G upgrades round here I get it nearly everywhere in and around chester these days and i never used to.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I only get 2 bars of normal signal if I'm lucky so got no hope.

DB.

BMW 440i
O is slow
E - Average
3G - Quickish
Wifi - Obviously the best. :)

Nottingham is crap for 3g, Im enjoying being back in Birmingham and having the WiFi and 3G pretty much everywhere i am. :)

DCi
yep o is GPRS, E is Edge and obviously 3G is 3G. If your getting E instead of 3G thats because theres not 3G in the particular area your stood in, if you used to get it there then just move a little as it seems to be quite odd 3G, i can get it on 1 side of my comp but not the other in my office at work.
never knew that, seem to get 3g at home more than i used to but then i never cared because i have wifi at home :D