ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone: Tom Tom vs. Co Pilot?

Hi all,

Sometime this week I am going to be purchasing a sat nav app for my 3GS with the IOS software and was wondering if there is anyone on here that has had both TT and GP to give me any pro's and con's of both?

The main thing that attracts me to the TT software is the HD traffic, when re-routing around obstacles such as traffic as on my stand-alone Navman F20, it does my head right in!!! I also had tis problem with my Kenwood double Din with Garmin software too!

Thanks in advance...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
HD traffic is extra.

Both are good, i have co pilot because i dont really need a decent sat nav, but it works.
TomTom would be a better shout if you use it daily.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Was a copilot fan, since getting tt copilot's been deleted. Routing and traffic are both superior with Tt.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I agree with Tom. If you're only going to use it everyday go for the TomTom. Otherwise CoPilot will probably suffice. I've had the CoPilot since it came out and think it's been great, and easily compared with the TT v1, not sure how it does against the latest TT versions though.

CoPilot is good enough for what I need.

I use mine with a Belkin Tunebase FM transmitter device so it sits quite nicely in the car and I can use the Ipod features at the same time.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I agree with Tom. If you're only going to use it everyday go for the TomTom. Otherwise CoPilot will probably suffice. I've had the CoPilot since it came out and think it's been great, and easily compared with the TT v1, not sure how it does against the latest TT versions though.
There's a fair gap imo. The routing is always better, and the traffic updates are far, far better. But it is double the price!

Tesla MP3 2021
TomTom is a very good app, I used it on a, should I say trial basis lol. I have purchased Co-Pilot on my iP4 and its decent sat nav aswell. I think I prefer TomTom but cant justify the difference. Bearing in mind I already paid for the TomTom Car Kit.

Last edited:
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
There's a fair gap imo. The routing is always better, and the traffic updates are far, far better. But it is double the price!

I think TomTom added features through out the verisions IIRC, whereas the CoPilot had more on the version I had at the time.

I'm not sure if all the routing on TomToms is the same, but I remember reading it uses other peoples' TTs to judge the best route based on how long it's taken the other people at the time. If you use it a lot, I'd say it's worth it just for that. It's more complete so for everyday use I think it is worth double. For now and again, CP is great value.

I think I am going to go for Co Pilot anyway as just looked on youtube for videos of CP and seems to be ok for what I need it for.

Thanks

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I think I am going to go for Co Pilot anyway as just looked on youtube for videos of CP and seems to be ok for what I need it for.

Thanks

Navigon is currently on offer and is the same price as CoPilot (ok, you'll need to do the in app purchase of pull postcode for a couple of quid), Navigon and TomTom both have the best reputation on the iPhone.