ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

irregular temperature gauge

FF Racing Blue 182
Hi there. Ive got this strange problem with my cars engine temperature. Its a 182. From cold it gets up to temp fine and no issues. Any drive from warm is when it gets weird, the needle is up and down and its always the same, up down and up down always to halfway. When it goes down it then idles at 2k and obviously it goes back to normal when at halfway.

Ive put in a new cts and stat in and bled it but still the same, genuine parts. Ive stopped driving it because it can cut out randomly and wont start till the fan goes off.

I dont know what to do now as i dont want to drive it. Do yous think it could be electrical?

RB Clio 182
Mine did this, i changed the stat now all fine, although i know you said you have changed the stat, did it have the rubber seal for for the stat?

If the fans cutting in then its a cts fault check the connections on the plug, next time it does it wiggle the connector.

FF Racing Blue 182
I used the one that was already on it, it wasnt perished. I dont know if i should flush the lot out and fill up and see how that works. Its just weird how the first drive of the day is fine till i turn it off.