ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is hammerite smooth heat resistive?

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm pretty sure Telford Mike did his old Dynamique track day wheels with Hammerite smooth and that resisted the heat from the brakes fine.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
The silver hammerite smooth i painted my 172 calipers with were fine day to day, but the heat generated in the brakes on trackdays made the silver turn a bluey gold colour. Wasn't really a problem, i just painted over them again.

No more clio's for me!
Its not for my calipers, its for my engine bay...gauging on the above its a no no then. lol

I've used some very high temperature paint, which is fine, but the finish isn't that spectactular and i want something as a top coat. :)

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
I have heard of people painting their engine block with the stuff without a problem, ill dig it out..

106 GTi
Matta_88 said:
Would you use the aerosol or normal paint for the calipers? :) Im thinkin green on my black clio :)

On the car - Brush on

Off the car and stripped down - Aerosol

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
dannyboy172 said:
Its not for my calipers, its for my engine bay...gauging on the above its a no no then. lol

I wouldn't rule it out necessarily, the brake pads could quite easily have been reaching 600C + so the calipers would probably be hotter than anything in your engine bay should be i'd have thought.

Chocolate Bar™
dannyboy172 said:
Cheers Nik,

I'll paint a little test patch - i can always remove it if it starts to turn. :)

makavelli used spray hammerite on his 'renaultsport' background about a month ago, and thats been fine without any signs of problems occurring.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Should be fine on the engine , no problems on calipers and they get hell of alot hotter than the top of the engine .