ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it a bumper off job to fit a new grill

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i did mine without removing the grille, removed the bits from underneath and pushed it forward.

Maz

LY 200
Re: Is it a bumper off job to fit a new grille

i did mine without removing the grille, removed the bits from underneath and pushed it forward.

How did you manage that ?

Replacing a grille and didnt remove the old one :rasp:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You don't have to take the bumper off! Saying that, depending on how hard it is to take the bumper off it might be worth doing it.

Maz

LY 200
Havn't done anything Paul, just replacing the grille as the one I have at present has a CAF Trumpet in it.

Not a big job to take the bumper off so will just do that if it makes it easier.

Maz

LY 200
Yep, hopefully by putting it back to standard and advertising at a good price it should go no problem *fingers crossed*

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Bumper is a piece of piss. Front wheels off. Arch liners bumper side off. x2 10mm bolts, that bolt up into front wings (both sides). x4? 10mm bolts underneath the bumper (possible removal of undertray needed iirc? x4 10mm bolts) Then x2 plastic clips near slam panel under bonnet off upper grill. Then should pull off (carefull lol) remember foglight looms and washer pipe will still be connected when removing bumper

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Your right, you can get out the arch lining with the wheels in, just lock em over, just more fiddley :)