ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it normal for there to be some background noise with bluetooth?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Just fitted a new HU in my TTS, which has Bluetooth. It's the first time I've ever used bluetooth in a car; is it normal for there to be a bit of static noise at low volumes and when paused?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Just fitted a new HU in my TTS, which has Bluetooth. It's the first time I've ever used bluetooth in a car; is it normal for there to be a bit of static noise at low volumes and when paused?
Can't say as I've noticed it myself?

BMW M4; S1000 RR

I've had this before on cheaper bluetooth setups, I think the newer technologies have got rid of it as I've not noticed it in new cars, nor on my bluetooth speaker.

But previous cars with bluetooth in an aftermarket headunit? Yes.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
The HU was very expensive, so I was kind of expecting it to be spot on. It might be the way it interfaces with the Bose setup in the car though.

I think I'm just going to live with it, because everything else about the unit is far superior to the RNS-E.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The HU was very expensive, so I was kind of expecting it to be spot on. It might be the way it interfaces with the Bose setup in the car though.

I think I'm just going to live with it, because everything else about the unit is far superior to the RNS-E.

Cost of the headunit means nothing really, it's the spec of the bluetooth module, you've got me interested though. Is it v4 or v5 Bluetooth?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth V2.0
Output Power: +4 dBm Max. (Power class 2)
HFP (Hands Free Profile)
HSP (Head Set Profile)

It's a Parrot module apparently.

The unit is a Dynavin N7.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Is the volume turned down on your phone? I notice if I have the volume at anything other than max on my phone and the HU turned up, I'll get a little static.