ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it ok to thrash with a full load

i was with 4 other mates in my 172 the other day and decided to test how the car moves wtih a full load, obviously there was a huge difference with power only kicking in at around 6000. i was wonderin if doing this will cause excessive strain and wear on the engine and if it would reduce overall performace. any ideas?

will be ok i reckon

as long as you and yer mates aint big eaters, the cars designed to carry passengers (max load) and i dont think the user manual warns against caning it with a few mates :D

Hmmm strange isnt it. Manuals for cars never say anything about going for it when you have a full load but do warn against it going up hills. You would think that its almost the same affect.

Ohwell, I dont have a clue either way. So do what you want, its your car, just make sure you have fun doing it.

Paul

Well put it this way.

If you run up a hill then return to the same hill with a backpack full of items, would you feel like its putting more strain on you the second run?

doesnt warning against caning it uphills simply done to maximise fuel effeciency and not because its straining the engine?