ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it worth the 200 mile round trip

2004 Racing Blue 182

1992 RENAULT CLIO 1.8 16v, 1992,
K reg. 67000 miles, 3dr, 10 months T&T, modified front bumper & skirts, 16 alloys, alarm/immobilizer, c/l, PAS, disc brakes all-round, sunroof, e/w, lowered 35mm, Magnex exhaust, Impreza induction kit, half leather interior, full ICE install, tinted windows. £1,995 . after 5pm.

has a bit of rust in drivers door, no serv hist at all and no reciepts!!! so have no idea if cambelt gas been changed!!!

feedback asap please.

-->BV

Well..

You dont know what a car is going to be like until you get there.. so..

I got my Williams after about a 200/250 mile round trip.. so yea, it CAN be worth it.. but, if its crap.. you will be mega disappointed.

We did some crazy journeys to look at "mint" cars.. and they turned out bad.. heh..

2004 Racing Blue 182

the car itself looks a bit boyracer is in the pic, which i dont really like, but the car sounds good, other than the fact it has no hist/reciepts what so ever!!!

come on guys what u reckon???

-->BV

If you have any doubts dont bother, or if you think it might be worth it you could ring up the AA and get them to do a check on the car, ie to send someone round and check it out, do checks on the computer to check it is that car etc. Costs about £80 for your first one, half price for the second one and there is a saving if your a member of the AA. So it might be cheaper to get them to do the leg work rather than you.

Paul

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I Drove from the midlands down to Tumbridge wells (other side of london) For my valver.. it was a risk, but when i got there i found the most mint car and loving owner id ever seen. I then drove BACK down there to pick it up..

I bought my Williams in London because there were none for sale in Wales at the time. My girlfriends parents have a place there, so I based myself there and went hunting! Central London often has low mileage cars as they dont tend to get that much use in the week.

No offence mate, but the Valver you mention sounds like a right sh*tter. A careful owner will always keep the receipts and service record, even if the actual service history book is missing. Ive bought two cars without the service book but they both had all the bills, which is better than a stamp in a book IMO.

If modifying is your game then its better to start with a more standrad car IMO. From my experience, cars that have got mods to the bodywork have often got poor paint and filler and often need a lot of mechanical TLC as the money has gone into the mods.

To experience what a Valver has to offer, IMO you need to find a mint cared for car and worry about mods later if thats what you want to do. :D

2004 Racing Blue 182

no probs fella, decided that was a bad idea, bought an N reg one of bjfosteruk off here, sound bloke and his dad too. apparently its the last of the valvers!!! traveled a round trip of 290 miles altogetherfor it, but tis a beauty, body work just needs a bit of tlc.

-->BV