ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my car a write off?

Saxo
Someone went into the back of me on sunday morning with abit of force, damage done to the back bumper the boot and also the chassis under the boot is crumpled in a couple of places..

Iv got a 52 reg 172 done 55k
Worth about 3.8k on parkers

Am i right thinking this is a write off?

Barge
If there's a crease in the boot floor then probably. I'd imagine it depends how badly. If they've gone into you with quite a bit of force it could be the chop for the 172 regardless of its condition and relatively low miles. You got any pics?

Saxo
No not as yet, i can try and get some on tonight

Kinda hoping its a write off anyway cos i want some differant, alreadt had 2 172's

Thinkin maybe a S2000 as the next car altho im gna have to spend a bit more

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Shitter that mate.

I would say this much, ask for a buy back price if it is written off, i dare add the engine and gearbox are still sweet?

Front end parts are most sought after if there mint, you could potentially make money on top of this inconvienience

Saxo
Shitter that mate.

I would say this much, ask for a buy back price if it is written off, i dare add the engine and gearbox are still sweet?

Front end parts are most sought after if there mint, you could potentially make money on top of this inconvienience

Yeh tis the plan..

Everythin is fine except the damage i mentioned before.

So what would be more rewarding, selling as it is? or selling it in bits?

E87 118d M Sport
i had a similar accident a few months back.

needed new:

boot
bumper
boot floor
wheel well

then obviously spraying and labour,

mine was quoted at £2300 and the final bill came to £2144 (covered by other insurer as no fault my side)

the write off limit is 60% of the cars value, so its pretty much there.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yeh tis the plan..

Everythin is fine except the damage i mentioned before.

So what would be more rewarding, selling as it is? or selling it in bits?

Boot floors are expensive to repair/replace as are the 3/4 panels if there dented...?

That is ofcourse unless you know what your doing...?

Better adding up cost and seeing what you need to do to either put it right or just breaking it matey!

Saxo
Boot floors are expensive to repair/replace as are the 3/4 panels if there dented...?

That is ofcourse unless you know what your doing...?

Better adding up cost and seeing what you need to do to either put it right or just breaking it matey!

the 3/4's look fine, im gna have a proper look as to the extent of the boot floor damage.

id probly be better just selling it as it is for someone else to break up/fix as i havent got the time/space/knowhow for that anyway

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
the 3/4's look fine, im gna have a proper look as to the extent of the boot floor damage.

id probly be better just selling it as it is for someone else to break up/fix as i havent got the time/space/knowhow for that anyway

Well dont post what you buy it back for until you find a buyer on here...!