ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is Storage getting out of control?

I have c. 5TB plugged into my laptop here. Considering an episode of Dexter would be 1.2GB, collecting dozens of shows alone soon adds up. Data storage requirements are going up & up! I remember when it was overkill to have 1GB of RAM until FarCry came out (2004?). Now I've got 4GB and the next machine is looking likely to have 8GB. Software is getting more and more complex, and file sizes have become crazy since the HD era.

It'll never stop growing. Imagine how much storage space The Matrix will need ;)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Quad floppys now. Wanna see my sweet rig. Has 64kb RAM as well.

5.25" FTFW.

469752769_35c5c1fe36_o.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
It is crazy to think how much stuff has moved on.

You're 20, this still is 'your day' :)
lol, indeed, i was only thinking the other day that when i wanted to see what was on at the cinema, my only choice was to get the local newspaper and look at the advert showing just the film name and times, then they would feature a couple of films a week.

That alone has changed sooooo much, now we don't think twice about imdb'ing of googling a film and checking it out, then looking at the film times on the cinema website and booking the tickets on there etc.

How things have changed since 'my' day lol.

The Kids of today don't know how easy they have it!

It never fails to scare me how you can get an 8gb micro SD card thing for a phone - that holds something like 8000 3.5" floppy disks!!

That seems crazyness lol

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
lol, indeed, i was only thinking the other day that when i wanted to see what was on at the cinema, my only choice was to get the local newspaper and look at the advert showing just the film name and times, then they would feature a couple of films a week.

lol yeah I was thinking of that as well this morning.

Also when we got married it was so easy just sorting everything out through email and online, would be a complete ball ache sorting out our wedding abroad if we didn't have any of that.