ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is there a hole in my tank

Quick question - does fuel economy improve after running a 182 in?

Im ignoring what the trip computer is telling as its patently not true! Ive had the car a week, done 465 miles and got through 1 1/2 tanks of the 98 RON stuff.

Im used to ridiculously high fuel bills (own a 66 bug which still runs on "full fat"petrol @ £1.09p a litre), but I am hoping that my 182 will start to deliver a little more economy!

I get 310 out of a tank of Optimax in my 182 & 172 mate so is about right.

Buy a 1.2l if you want smaller fuel bills and not a 2.0ltr 16v juice guzzler.

[Edited by Smokey on 24 November 2004 at 4:44pm]

I was just interested to know whether economy does improve as the engine gets more miles on it. As I say, Im used to spending silly money on fuel, just really didnt have anything to compare the recent purchase to!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

44k and Im getting around low 30s to the gallon with full stainless steel exhaust, induction kit and a heavy right foot... lol. Which roughly equates to 250-300 from a tank of Sainsburys finest Super Unleaded.

Exactly! Still working out how to use the demister! Always used to driving around with the window slightly open and with the heat exchanges switched on!

As for discs all round, Ive found myself stopping about 50 yds short of traffic lights as Im used to self adjusting drums! The dont get me started on the cornering ability of a swing axle car - yikes!