ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is there an ICV on the 172?

Reason i'm asking is because if say i'm in 1st gear and rev to say 3k and let the revs drop (while still in gear) when it gets to 1100 rpm the car jolts before it settles, it does the same in 2nd too but less noticeable in 3rd presumably due to the sensitivity of 1st and 2nd..

This makes slow driving a pain and my GF's chinq is far more pleasurable to drive at low speeds to it dropping the revs smoothy (hurts me to say that)

Is this a sensor, ICV or ECU issue?

Regards.

LY 182
only ph1 172s have an icv ph2s are fly by wire the ecu just opens and closes the throttle accordingly... and that is normal.. its a mapping issue

I've still got this problem and i'm not sure it's the map tbh, i've not put my stock map back on yet as i've not had much time but i'm sure it would still happen. Surely they were not like this from factory.

As soon as I release the pedal in 1st or 2nd it just kangaroos and then stabalises it's self within a few seconds. So annoying!!

Reason i'm asking is because if say i'm in 1st gear and rev to say 3k and let the revs drop (while still in gear) when it gets to 1100 rpm the car jolts before it settles, it does the same in 2nd too but less noticeable in 3rd presumably due to the sensitivity of 1st and 2nd..

This makes slow driving a pain and my GF's chinq is far more pleasurable to drive at low speeds to it dropping the revs smoothy (hurts me to say that)

Is this a sensor, ICV or ECU issue?

Regards.

See this thread if you use 6400_xxxx .cal
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=349661