ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this a fair price?

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi guys.

I've asked about this car a few times, and as it's been up for sale for a while now, I'm willing to offer the seller £1500 for the car as it is.

I know alot of you will say I could get a 172 for that money, or a PH2, but insurance is way to expensive, and PH2's are boring.

I'm guessing the 1.4Si is a rare model as there's very few for sale on AT and PH.

The only problem I'm aware of is the belts need done.

Would you say its a sensible offer, as I don't actually know what these things go for?

Any helps appreciated.

Cheers.

Dave

EDIT: forgot the URL for the add, so here it is.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201105378960224

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 16v
Sorry, what I meant to say is, PH2 non RS models are boring. They are everywhere.

I really don't know what to do, I'm desperate for a PH1!

Anybody know of any for sale.. It doesn't have to be an Si, as long as it's a 3 door 1.4 16v and not a crappy colour :)

I really like the 1.4 Sport aswell, but 75bhp is pathetic. :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ph2 non rs over a ph1 non RS any day of the week.

and im a ph1 172 ***** as most know! i cant see why anyone would pay £1500 for that never mind what hes asking for it!, non RS clios are all boring, your as well driving a Diesel at least then they are cheap to run and refined!

Clio 1.2 16v
Each to their own, I hate the sound of diesels, much prefer a straight through on a petrol car. Plus I've never seen a PH1 Rep, I'll probably get slagged for that idea like, but it'd be different.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There's been a few ph1 reps, some good, some not so good.

The above car is hilariously over priced, 90% of sport are cheaper than that!!!! (I realise insurance may not be viable, but I'm just saying).

I'm a mega ph1 fan, having owned one for five years in one form or another, but the ph2 non sport is actually a better car IMO.

If I were you, I'd get a ph2 non sport and modify it subtly to make it different from the rest if that's what you're worried about.

Other than that keep searching for the ph1 1.4 16v.

What's the 1.6 RSI or RXE like to insure for you? Much more than the 1.4?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Each to their own, I hate the sound of diesels, much prefer a straight through on a petrol car. Plus I've never seen a PH1 Rep, I'll probably get slagged for that idea like, but it'd be different.

valid point but who wants to put a big chav exhaust on a small engine car you just look like an idiot? lol ive been there done that and did look like an idiot, taking 15 seconds to pull to the red line in first gear

ClioSport 172 (2003)
Find a grad from somewhere if you can geez and get yaself a Ph2 DCI. £1000 is pricey for whats on offer here and i value motors for a living

Clio 1.2 16v
There's been a few ph1 reps, some good, some not so good.

The above car is hilariously over priced, 90% of sport are cheaper than that!!!! (I realise insurance may not be viable, but I'm just saying).

I'm a mega ph1 fan, having owned one for five years in one form or another, but the ph2 non sport is actually a better car IMO.

If I were you, I'd get a ph2 non sport and modify it subtly to make it different from the rest if that's what you're worried about.

Other than that keep searching for the ph1 1.4 16v.

What's the 1.6 RSI or RXE like to insure for you? Much more than the 1.4?

Yeah I do like PH2's aswell, but only in Flame Red :eek:.

I'm really fussy when it comes to cars.

It was originally an RSI I was looking for, but insurance prices shot through the roof, and for anything over 100bhp or bigger than 1.4 they want over £4000.

The 1.4 16v has 98bhp and isn't too heavy.

Also I didn't mean about putting a straight through on, but I want a better sounding car, so obviously cat-back or something, dunno yet as I don't have the bloody car yet lol.

I'll keep my eyes peeled as I found a green one, looks very different indeed! :evil:

MK3 GTI golf 16v
that car is horribly overpriced and the description is wrong aswell, dont buy it especially if you know it needs work. theres loads of better cars out there

Clio 1.2 16v
Aye I notice now it is horribly over priced. I found a metallic green one for 1200 with 50k and good service history, belt changes etc. If that fails it'll be a flame red ph2 or any ph2 to respray liquid yellow.

Cheers for the advice guys been alot of help.

Dave