ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this a good deal? what to look for?

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Nothing special tbh. Cambelt has been changed, but has it been fully changed and done correctly??

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Cambelt is the most important thing. I would rather get one off here if possible that has been done by a reputable company who know how to do them.

Just have a search and look at all the threads where people have had timing problems etc after a cambelt change.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
It's not as if they are always fitted incorrectly if they aren't done by one of the traders on here, but I would personally just be more comfortable buying one that has had it done by one of them.

Iceberg 172
i see, what kind of trouble could come of it being done wrongly? is there any tell tale signs of an incorrect fitting?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
thanks for the quick replies! very naive of me but i didnt realise something like that could be done incorrectly! i think i'll leave it then and wait for a nicer example! just thought the price was very good, but then seeing this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULTSP...4755764?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3374e8f334, its an even better price! but the same issue with the incorrect fitting of the cambelt could be true!

Something dodgy about that cup. It's got the wrong seats and the black tabs on the front bumper are missing suggesting a possible front end respray at some point.

The drivers seat also looks like it's been stitched up suggesting the airbag has been deployed. I wouldn't waste your time viewing that one tbh.

M16a
Something dodgy about that cup. It's got the wrong seats and the black tabs on the front bumper are missing suggesting a possible front end respray at some point.

The drivers seat also looks like it's been stitched up suggesting the airbag has been deployed. I wouldn't waste your time viewing that one tbh.

I was thinking the same also.. Plus it is missing the "172 Cup" logos from the pillars.. (Could be wrong and not all of them had them?)

But the seats look like FF half leather/alcantara ones not the fabric Cup spec ones?

As Luke said, give that a miss and look to buy one from here..

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i wouldnt have known about seats or the black tabs mate! thanks a lot for that!
what about this one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...4726163?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a1c60b493
not my favourite colour, but a bit of a sleeper :evil:! miles seem good for the price?

I really didn't know that they had got that cheap. In fact without looking i'm pretty sure the pricing on that is way too cheap which would put me off anyway. I'd say that was worth about 2.5k.

I know a lot of people bang on about belt changes on here, but that's because they need to be done properly with the correct Renault specific tools etc. I'd have much better piece of mind paying a bit more for one that I know had been looked after on here as ^^Cameron says; there are plenty in the FS section at the minute