ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this dirty water?

Clio 1970000000
Checking the oil in my engine and I notice some liquid where inlets meet the engine block. I hope I'm describing this right. If you look at the engine (I have a 197 btw) the inlet curves round from the top to join the front of the block. The is a small amount of liquid (which I thought was oil but now think is dirty rainwater) in the bottom of the curve. There doesn't appear to be any way for it to drain and I can't see any obvious leaks.

My car uses very little oil (1 litre in the last 3000 miles) so I don't think this in anything to worry about. Just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this.

Sorry for the poor description.

Clio 1970000000
I have had the car 6 months and today was the second time. I know I need a picture. Will try to post one soon.

Clio 1970000000
It is where the red arrow points. It is in a couple of the recesses and I think it is just dirty water from washing the car or rain.

renaultcliors197engine.jpg